For some reason, you may need to reinstall the graphics card on your Windows 10 computer. You need to first uninstall it from your computer and then reinstall it. In this post, MiniTool Software will show you the guides to do these jobs with detailed steps.
When do You need to Reinstall the Graphics Driver on Windows 10?
Windows 10 Runs Slowly
After you install or upgrade Windows 10 on your computer, you may find that your computer runs slowly. Or your computer runs slowly after you use it for a long time. There should be many causes. But the first thing you should consider is the graphics driver on your computer.
In order to fix the Windows 10/11 very slow and unresponsive issue, try these tips in this article to speed up your Windows 10.
If you encounter the following display issues on your computer, you can also consider reinstalling the graphics drivers:
- The monitor doesn’t display images properly or it doesn’t show pictures.
- You get a black or blue screen after you boot your computer.
- Your mouse and keyboard are not recognized on your computer display.
You should use a high-powered graphics card if you are a serious gamer. To guarantee that you have a good gaming experience, you need to make sure that you are using the latest version of graphics card. Reinstalling the graphics card is a good method.
In the following part, we will show you how to uninstall the graphics driver and then reinstall it on your Windows 10 computer.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Driver on Windows 10?
How to Uninstall the Graphics Driver Windows 10?
You can follow these steps to uninstall the graphics driver from your computer:
1. Use Windows Search to search for device manager and select the first result to open Device Manager.
2. Expand the Display adaptors option and then select Uninstall device.
3. Select Delete the driver software for this device and then click Uninstall from the pop-out window to uninstall the graphics driver on Windows 10. (You’d better remember the driver name you use in this step if you want to manually reinstall the graphics driver later. In the following example, the manufacture is AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics.)
How to Reinstall the Graphics Driver Windows 10?
There are two available methods to install a new graphics driver on your Windows 10 computer. You can restart your computer to let Windows automatically install a new graphics driver; you can also download the driver from its official site and then install it on your computer.
How to install a new graphics driver on Windows 10?
- Reboot your computer to perform an automatic installation
- Download the driver from its official site and install it
Method 1: Restart Your Computer
After you uninstall the graphics card from your computer, you can just reboot your computer and then Windows can automatically install the latest version of the graphics driver on your computer.
Method 2: Manually Installation
You can also choose to manually install the graphics driver on your computer. To do this job, you need to search for the manufacture of the graphics driver you use on the internet and then select a reliable source to download and install it on your computer.
Reading here, you should know how to uninstall and reinstall the graphics driver on your Windows computer. Besides, if you lose some important files on your PC, you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery, a free file recovery tool, to get them back.