The best way to share files and folders among different devices is to upload them to Google Drive. Then, you can view and use the files in it as long as you sign in with the same account. Do you know how to upload files to Google Drive? In this post, MiniTool Software will show you 3 guides to do this job on PC/Android/iPhone/iPad.
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service that is developed by Google. It is available on computers, Android, iPhone, and iPad. As long as you sign in your Google Drive with the same account, you can view and use the files in it no matter they are uploaded from which device. Thus it is a good idea to upload files to Google Drive to share files among different devices. For example, you can use Google Drive to transfer files between your computer and Android device.
Do you know how to upload to Google Drive on any device including computer, Android device, iPhone, and iPad? Now, we will show you 3 guides.
How to Upload Files to Google Drive?
- Google Drive upload on PC
- Google Drive upload on Android
- Google Drive upload on iPhone and iPad
How to Upload Files and Folders to Google Drive on PC?
The ways to upload files and folders to Google Drive on your computer are various.
#1: Upload Files and Folders to Google Drive
1. Go to drive.google.com and sign in with your account.
2. Click New at the top left side and then select File upload or Folder upload.
3. Select the files or folders you want to upload to Google Drive.
The Google Drive upload process will begin. You should wait until the whole process ends.
#2: Drag Files into Google Drive
- Go to drive.google.com and sign in with your account.
- Create a new folder for the new data. You can also open an existing folder in Google Drive.
- Drag the target files or folder to the folder.
#3: Data Backup & Sync
1. Search for Google Drive using your web browser.
2. Select the research result that comes from Google Play.
3. Click the Install button to download and install it on your computer.
4. There will be a Google Drive folder on your computer. Then you can frag files and folder to it.
#4: Convert Documents into Google Docs formats
If you want to upload Microsoft Word documents, you can change a setting to convert files. You are only allowed to change the Google Drive settings on your computer.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Click the gear icon that is on the top right side and then select Settings.
- Check the Convert uploaded files to Google Drive editor format option in the line of Convert uploads.
- Click DONE to save the setting.
#5: Upload Files with the Same Name
If the file you want to upload to Google Drive has the same name as the existing file in Google Drive, Google Drive will replace the previous file with this newly added one. If you want to keep both files, you should select Keep as separate file when uploading a file.
How to Upload Files to Google Drive on Android?
You can use your mobile data usage or Wi-Fi to transfer files between Google Drive and Android. You can modify the settings according to your requirements:
- Tap Google Drive on your Android device.
- Click the Hamburger menu on the top right side and then select Settings.
- Under the Data Usage section, you can turn on or turn off the button for Transfer files only over Wi-Fi.
How to add files to Google Drive? You can follow this guide:
- Tap Google Drive on your Android device.
- Tap the Add icon.
- Tap the Upload button.
- Select the files you want to upload to Google Drive.
To view the uploaded files, you should go to My Drive.
How to Upload Files to Google Drive on iPhone/iPad?
Likewise, you can also choose to use your mobile data usage or Wi-Fi to transfer files between your iPhone/iPad and Google Drive.
After changing the settings, you can follow this guide to upload files from iPhone/iPad to Google Drive:
- Open Google Drive on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Add.
- Tap Upload.
- Select your needed files to upload. If you want to upload photos and videos, you can select them and then tap Upload.
If You Lose Your Data in Google Drive by Mistake
If the files in Google Drive are missing unexpectedly, you can go to the Google Trash to see whether they are there. If you can’t find them, you can use professional data recovery software to get them back.
Can you recover deleted Google Drive files? If yes, you can read this article to select a suitable method to perform a Google Drive recovery.
1. If the original files come from your computer, you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery, a free file recovery tool, to get them back.
2. If you uploaded the files from your Android device, you can try MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android, free Android data recovery software, to recover data from your Android device.
3. If the deleted files come from your iPhone or iPad, you can use MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS, free iPhone data recovery software, to rescue your data.
After reading this post, you should know how to upload files o Google Drive on your computer, Android device, or iPhone/iPad. If you encounter some related issues, you can let us know in the comments. We will reply to you as soon as possible.