Look for the best HP printer to print documents? This post introduces some choices for your reference. Also learn how to set up HP printer and download/update HP printer driver software for your computer. For more computer tips and guides, you can visit MiniTool Software official website.
If you want to buy a HP printer to print things, you can check the list of best HP printers below. Best portable, laser, inkjet, all-in-one HP printers are included.
14 Best HP Printers to Buy
- HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202nw (All-in-one HP laser printer)
- HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 (All-in-one inkjet color printer)
- HP Officejet 250 All-In-One Portable Printer with Wireless & Mobile Printing (CZ992A) (Good portable color inkjet printer)
- HP Smart Tank Plus 555 (Good color inkjet printer)
- HP Envy Pro 6420 (All-in-one color inkjet printer for home users)
- HP Designjet T125 24-inch Printer (Large format printer)
- HP LaserJet Pro M227fdw Laser Multifunction Printer (Multifunctional mono laser printer)
- HP DeskJet 3760 (AOI color inkjet printer)
- HP Laserjet Pro M15w (Good mono laser printer)
- HP ENVY 6455e All-in-One Printer
- HP ENVY 6055e All-in-One Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdn (All-in-one HP printer with scanner)
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw (All-in-one HP laser wireless printer and scanner)
- HP ENVY Photo 7855 (All-in-one HP inkjet color printer)
HP Printer Setup
Step 1. To set up your HP printer, you need to download and install the latest HP printer driver software and add the printer to your computer.
Step 2. Next, you can place the printer near the network router. Connect the printer to the same network that your computer is connected to.
For printers with a touchscreen control panel, you can open the Setup, Network, or Wireless settings menu, and select Wireless Setup Wizard to follow the instructions to connect the printer to WiFi.
For printers without a touchscreen control panel, you can press and hold the Wireless Button on the printer for a few seconds. Then press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection completes.
For a wired (Ethernet) printer, you can connect the network cable to the printer Ethernet port and connect another end of the network cable to a port on the router.
Step 3. Add the printer to the PC. You can click the Start menu, type add a printer or scanner in the Search box, choose Add a printer or scanner system settings. Let Windows search for available printers. Click the target HP printer name and click Add device to set up the HP printer on your PC.
For more detailed HP printer setup guides, you can visit the official HP printer setup page.
Update HP Printer Driver
You can update HP printer driver to the latest version to get the most of your printer. Generally, you have two ways to go.
One way is through Device Manager.
- You can right-click Start and select Device Manager to open Device Manager on Windows.
- Expand Print queues, right-click your HP printer, and select Update driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update HP printer driver.
Another way is to run a Windows Update.
Click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates. This can update Windows OS including updating some device drivers on your PC.