In this post, you will learn how to find and download HP printer drivers and software for Windows 10 to print smoothly with HP printers. For more computer tips, tutorials, and free utilities from MiniTool Software, you can visit the official website.
- How to download HP printer drivers?
- Where do I find HP printer drivers?
- Why is my driver unavailable on my HP printer?
If you want to download HP printer drivers for Windows 10 computer to make HP printers work properly, you can check the 4 ways below.
Way 1. Download HP Printer Drivers from HP Support Website
You can find and download the latest drivers, software, firmware, and diagnostics for your HP printers from official HP Support website. Check how to do it below.
- Open official HP printer drivers & software website in your browser.
- Enter your product name or model and click Submit button to identify your printer. Generally you can find your product name on the printer. Or you can select your product from the popular printers list.
- Select the driver for your HP printer to download its package. After downloading, click the driver installation file to install the HP printer driver for your Windows 10 computer.
Tip: If you want to download drivers and software for HP Universal Printer, you can go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-universal-print-driver-series-for-windows/4157320 to download the driver package.
Windows 11 printer driver download and update guide. Check how to install the latest printer driver in Windows 11 in 3 ways.
Way 2. HP Printer Drivers Download with Windows Update
The available driver updates of some HP printer products may come along with Windows Update. You may perform a Windows update to download and install HP printer drivers for Windows 10.
- You can click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates button and Windows will automatically detect and download the available updates incl. the latest drivers for some hardware, firmware, printers, etc.
Guide for Windows 11 Bluetooth driver download, install and update. Download and install Intel/Realtek Bluetooth driver for Windows 11 64 bit in 4 ways.
Way 3. Install Latest HP Printer Drivers by Updating the Driver
When you connect the HP printer to your computer the first time, normally Windows will automatically install the driver for the printer. If the driver is not working properly or missing, you can go to Device Manager to update HP printer driver.
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, you can check the device categories to find your printer. It is usually under Printers, Universal Serial Bus, or Ports.
- Right-click your HP printer and select Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software. Your computer will automatically search the internet and your computer for a newer HP printer driver to download and install.
Way 4. Manage HP Printers Drivers for Windows 10 with Third-party Tools
If you want, you can also install a reliable free driver updater program. They can automatically detect newer versions of Windows 10 drivers and notify you. You can decide whether to install the latest drivers for your HP printer or other devices.
Windows 11 won’t update? Check the 8 solutions in this post to troubleshoot Windows 11 update problems and can’t update Windows 11 issue.
Fix Printing Problems with HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows
Above are the 4 ways to get the HP printer drivers downloaded for your Windows 10 computer. Hope it helps.
If you have problems with printing and scanning with your HP printers, you can use HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix the problems.
HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free tool for Windows designed by HP. You can go to its official website to download and install this tool on your PC, and use it to automatically scan and fix problems with your HP printers and scanners.