Perhaps you want to install Chrome extensions on Android, but you don’ know how to do it. If you are bothered by this issue, this MiniTool post is helpful to you. In this post, we will show you how to install Chrome Android extensions on different web browsers.
Can I Install Chrome Extensions on Android Devices?
Google Chrome is a very popular web browser. It can be used on both computers and mobile phones & tablets.
When you use Chrome on your computer, you can install extensions on Chrome for convenience. On the other hand, you can also install Chrome extensions on other web browsers like Microsoft Edge for the same purpose.
While, if you are using Chrome on your Android device, is it possible to install Chrome extensions on Android? The fact is that you are not allowed to install extensions in Chrome on Android. But you can install Chrome mobile extensions in other web browsers on your Android device.
Now, we will show you different web browsers that support Chrome mobile extensions on Android. Here, you should know that you can only install limited Chrome add-ons in other web browsers.
This post shows you how to disable Chrome extensions/plug-ins/add-ons from your computer. Besides, it also shows some other useful information.
Chrome Mobile Extensions Download and Installation on Android
Install Chrome Extensions on Android
- Install Chrome Extensions in Firefox on Android
- Install Chrome Extensions in Kiwi on Android
- Install Chrome Extensions in Yandex on Android
Install Chrome Extensions in Firefox on Android
Firefox is also a popular web browser. It is a good alternative for Chrome. Fortunately, you can install Chrome extensions in Firefox on your Android device.
Here is how to install Chrome add-ons in Firefox:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search for Firefox in Play Store.
- Install Firefox on your Android device.
- Go to the Tools section and then select the option to view all the available add-ons.
- Look for Chrome Store Foxified and activate it.
- Now, you can use Firefox to visit the Chrome Web Store and then search for the extensions you want to use. Next, you can install them one by one on Firefox. If you receive a prompt, you need to admit it to confirm the operation.
Here is how to uninstall Chrome from your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer, and delete Google Chrome browser from your Android, iPhone, or iPad.
Now, the Chrome Android extensions are successfully installed in Firefox.
Install Chrome Extensions in Kiwi on Android
Another recommended web browser is Kiwi. It is based on Chromium and WebKit. You can also install Chrome add-ons in it. Here is a tutorial:
- Go to the Google Play Store to search for Kiwi and install it on your Android device.
- Search for the extension you want to install and open it.
- Activate Developer Mode.
- Use the Kiwi browser to search for Chrome Web Store and then search for your needed extensions.
- Select the target extensions to install.
Install Chrome Extensions in Yandex on Android
The Yandex web browser is also a good choice. It is based on the open-source Chromium. It allows extensions from Chromium to be installed in it. You can follow this guide to install Chrome extensions in Yandex.
- Install the Yandex browser on your Android device.
- Use this browser to visit the Chrome Web Store and then search for the extensions you want to install.
- Click Add to Chrome to install the extension in Yandex.
Now, your needed Chrome Android extensions are successfully installed in Yandex. If you want to see which add-ons have been installed, you can go to the browser settings to see the list of installed extensions.
Now, you should know how to install Chrome extensions on Android. Should you have any other issues, you can let us know in the comments.