Want to use Jot-Con to play games? You need to attach Joy-Con to the console. But you may find that your console cannot detect the Joy-Con or the Joy-Con not registered as being attached to the console. To fix the problem, you can use the methods mentioned in this MiniTool post.
Joy-Con Not Recognized/Registering When Attached to Console
When you use the Joy-Con controllers, you may encounter different situations when you cannot connect Joy-Con controllers successfully:
- When you are trying to attach the Joy-Con controllers to the Nintendo Switch console, you may find that the console cannot recognize the Joy-Con controllers.
- Joy-Con controllers are not registering as being attached to the console on the HOME Menu or on the Controllers menu.
- The Joy-Con controllers are not recognized while connected to the console. But it can work wirelessly while in TV mode or tabletop mode.
To help you solve the issues, MiniTool collects some useful solutions and introduces them in this post.
Fix 1: Update the Console System to the Latest Version
To make sure the Joy-Con controllers work normally with your console, your console should run the latest system version.
Step 1: Select System Settings from the HOME menu.
Step 2: Scroll down the System Settings menu and select System.
Step 3: Select System Update and then the system update process will start.
If your console is already running the latest system, you need to press and hold the POWER button for about 3 seconds, and then select Power Options followed by Restart.
If you can’t perform a system update due to the issue of Joy-Con not detected, you can use the touch screen to do the job.
Fix 2: Detach the Joy-Con Controllers
You can also disconnect the Joy-Con controllers from the console and connect them again to see if the issue is solved. If the Joy-Con controllers are still not recognized by your console, you can detach and reattach the controllers to the console many times.
Fix 3: Reset Each Joy-Con
Another method to solve Joy-Con not connected / recognized / detected is to reset the Joy-Con controller. It is easy to do this: you just need to press the SYNC button once, then press any other button on each controller to power it on.
Fix 4: Try another Pair of Joy-Con Controllers
If none of the above methods work for you, you can try another pair of Joy-Con controllers if you have one.
Here are two situations:
- If your second Joy-Con controllers work with your console, it means that your first Joy-Con controller needs to be repaired.
- If your second Joy-Con controllers also don’t work with your console, it always means that your console has issues. You need to take measures to fix your console.
If you can’t fix the problem by yourself, you can contact Nintendo’s official support for help.
Bothered by Joy-Con not recognized or not registering by your console? You can just try the methods mentioned in this post to solve the problem.
In addition, we will recommend a piece of data recovery software for you. It is MiniTool Power Data Recovery, which can work on all versions of Windows. This is a free file recovery tool. If you delete or lost some files on your data storage devices, you can try this software to get them back if they are not overwritten by new data.
If you have other suggestions to solve the issue of Joy-Con not recognized or not registering by the console, you can let us know in the comments.