Linux Lite is a simple, fast and free Ubuntu-based Linux distribution that makes the transition from Windows to Linux as smooth as possible. This post from MiniTool tells you how to free download Linux Lite Edition ISO and how to write it to a USB on Windows.
What Is Linux Lite?
What is Linux Lite? Linux Lite is a free, easy-to-use open-source Linux distribution based on the Ubuntu LTS series of distributions. It aims to appeal to both Linux beginners and Windows users by making the transition from Windows to Linux as smooth as possible.
if you are running a PC with low specs such as 1 GB RAM, 1GHz CPU, and less than 50GB hard drive space, Linux Lite is a great choice for you. The newer your hardware, the better your experience will be.
What is Windows 7 Lite or Windows 7 Super Lite? How to free download the Windows 7 Lite/Super Lite ISO? This post provides details about Windows 7 Lite.
The following are the features of Linux Lite:
- Desktop - XFCE is the default desktop environment that is similar to the Windows 7/10 desktop. The desktop layout is easy so new users can easily navigate and access what they are looking for.
- Default applications - Google Chrome, VLC media player, free office suite, GIMP, TimeShift backup and restore utility, USB image writer, on-board on-screen keyboard, PDF viewer and document editor, screenshot tool.
- Safety - Linux Lite also comes with a built-in and highly configurable firewall, which you can easily manage through a GUI. You can enable it and choose which ports to open or services to allow your PC to use.
- Others - Browse the internet with Firefox, check email with Thunderbird, and upload to the cloud with Dropbox for easy backup.
What is Mozilla Thunderbird? How to download Thunderbird and install/uninstall it on your Windows/Mac? This post provides a full guide for you.
Download Linux Lite ISO
How to download Linux Lite ISO? Before downloading the Linux Lite ISO, you should check if your PC meets the minimum system requirements:
- Memory: 768 MB RAM
- Storage: At least 8 GB
- Display: 1026 x 768 resolution
- Graphic card: At least 256 MB
- System Firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot, and Legacy capable
Follow the guide below to download Linux Lite ISO:
Step 1: Open your browser and go to the Linux Lite official download website (https://www.linuxliteos.com/download.php).
Step 2: Scroll down the page to find the Linux Lite 6.2 64bit part and click the DOWNLOAD 64bit button.
- There is no 32-bit ISO download link for Linux Lite OS. It means that Linux Lite can be installed only on 64-bit machines.
- As of the time of publication, Linux Lite’s latest version is 6.2.
Step 3: Then, you will be redirected to a new page and you need to choose a location to store your Linux Lite ISO.
Install Linux Lite ISO
After downloading Linux Lite, you can start to install it. Before continuing, you had better back up your Windows operating system in advance. If you don’t want to use the Linux Lite Edition anymore after installing it, you can restore your Windows system with the backup. To do this, you can use MiniTool ShadowMaker. It supports Windows 11/10/8/8.1/7. Click the following button to download it.
Here, we provide the steps for installing Linux Lite ISO on Windows.
Step 1: Insert a 4GB or larger USB into your PC.
Step 2: Download and install the Etcher application from the official website. Then, run it.
Step 3: Choose Flash from file > select the Linux Lite downloaded image/ISO > click Open.
Step 4: Choose the target and click Flash.
Step 5: Start the computer, enter the system BIOS, and check that the boot order is set so that DVD and USB devices are set to boot first.
Step 6: Insert the USB disk containing the ISO file into the computer and restart the computer.
Step 7: After that, the computer will boot from the selected bootable drive. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
This post introduces what Linux Lite is, how to download Linux Lite, and how to install the Linux Lite ISO on your Windows. I hope that this post can help you.
User Comments :Post Comment