Some people would like to lock desktop icons in their place so as to help them to find them easily when they want to use them. How do I lock my icons on my desktop Windows 10? This post from MiniTool will show you how to lock desktop icons Windows 10.
You have quite a lot of icons on your Windows desktop, and you have spent quite some time painstakingly arranging them in the way that makes sense to you and helps you to easily find them. But if the desktop icons are messed up, it would be very upset. In addition, some people say Windows 10 desktop icons moving after reboot.
So, some people wonder whether there is a way to lock desktop icons Windows 10. The answer is positive and it is sure that you can lock desktop icons in place for your convenience.
How do I lock my icons on my desktop Windows 10? You may ask.
So, in the following section, we will show you how to lock desktop icons Windows 10 and on Mac.
How to Lock Desktop Icons Windows 10?
In this section, we will show you how to lock desktop icons Windows 10.
- Right-click on the empty space on your Windows desktop.
- From the context menu, click View.
- Then uncheck the option Auto arrange icons.
- Check Align icons to grid.
When it is finished, you have successfully locked desktop icons in place. If there are too many icons on the desktop, they will not be messed up and you can find them easily.
Windows 10 desktop icons missing/disappeared? Try the 8 ways to restore desktop icons and show desktop Windows 10, and recover lost data on Windows 10.
Besides the above method, to lock desktop icons, there are other ways available. For example, you can also choose to use third-party software.
So, if you want to lock desktop icons in its place, you can take the above solutions. However, if you are a Mac user, do you know how to lock desktop icons?
If you do not know, keep on your reading and find the solutions below.
How to Lock Desktop Icons on Mac?
In this part, we will show you how to lock desktop icons on Mac. Now, here is the tutorial.
- Right-click on each desktop item and it will open a drop-down menu.
- On the context menu, select a colored tag. Use the colored tag to organize the desktop items however you wish. Icons will be arranged by color in the order they appear in the drop-down menu.
- Then right-click an empty space on the desktop.
- On the drop-down menu, choose Sort by.
- At last, select Tag. This will organize your desktop icons in the tag order you selected and they will then be locked in place.
After all steps are finished, you have successfully locked desktop icons on Mac. And if you want to lock desktop icon for your convenience, you can take the above solutions.
To sum up, this post has introduced how to lock desktop icons on Windows 10 and on Mac. If you want to lock desktop icons, you can take the above ways. If you have any better way to lock desktop icons, you can share it in the comment zone.