This post teaches you how to download, install, uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Paint app on Windows 10/11. For more computer tips and tutorials, you can visit MiniTool Software official website.
Learn about the Microsoft Paint or Paint 3D app and check how to get Microsoft Paint downloaded for Windows 10/11 below.
Microsoft Paint or Paint 3D App
Microsoft Paint is a simple and powerful raster graphics editor with a set of professional editing features. This app is included with all versions of Microsoft Windows.
You can use Paint app to edit images and create masterpieces with the editing tools. It allows you to save and share your files in many formats. The Paint 3D app lets you make 2D masterpieces or 3D models.
Microsoft Paint can open and save files in BMP (Windows Bitmap), JPEG, PNG, GIF, and TIFF formats.
Microsoft Paint app is free and it should be installed by default on your Windows PC. You can find Microsoft Paint from Start Menu. You can also press Windows + S, type paint in the Windows Search box, and select Paint app to open it.
For Windows 10 users, you can type paint 3d in the Search box, select Paint 3D to open the Microsoft Paint 3D app that includes some 2D and 3D painting tools. It is also free.
If you upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, the Paint 3D app is still present. However, if you do a clean install of Windows 11 OS or buy a device with Windows 11 preinstalled, then the Paint 3D app is deprecated.
If you can’t find the Paint or Paint 3D app on your computer, you can learn how to download and install Microsoft Paint for Windows 10/11 below.
Microsoft Paint Download for Windows 10/11
- Go to the Microsoft Store website or open Microsoft Store app.
- Click the Search icon and type paint. Select Paint app to access its download page. If you’d like to download the Paint 3D app, you can select the Paint 3D app to get to its download page.
- Then you can click the Get button to instantly download MS Paint or Paint 3D app to your Windows 10/11 computer.
- When the download process finishes, you can click the exe file to install the Paint app on your computer.
Tip: To install the Microsoft Paint app on Windows 10/11, your computer should run Windows 10 version 22000.0 or higher. To download and install Microsoft Paint 3D on Windows, your device must run Windows 10 version 16299.0 or higher.
How to Uninstall/Reinstall Microsoft Paint on Windows 10/11
If the Microsoft Paint app doesn’t work well, crashes or freezes a lot, etc. you can try to uninstall the Paint app and reinstall it. Check how to uninstall Paint from Settings below.
- Click Start, type apps & features in the search box, select Apps & features.
- Scroll down to find the Paint app, click it and click Uninstall button to remove it from your computer. To uninstall Paint 3D, you can find and click Paint 3D, and click Uninstall button to uninstall the Paint 3D app.
After uninstalling the Paint app, you can follow the guide above to download Microsoft Paint again if you want.
Tip: If you don’t find the Paint app in the apps list, you may click the Optional features link under Apps & features and select Microsoft Paint. Click Uninstall button to remove Paint from your computer. To reinstall Paint on Windows again, you can click the Optional features link and click Add a feature. Check Microsoft Paint and click the Install button to install Paint on your PC.
If you can’t find the Paint app in Settings, you can try to uninstall Microsoft Paint with CMD. Check how to uninstall programs with CMD or PowerShell.