In Microsoft Outlook, Outlook may block attachments so that you can’t save, delete, open, print, or do other work with the attachment in Outlook. Hence, this post from MiniTool will show you how to fix the error of the Outlook blocked attachment.
When receiving an e-mail that contains an attachment in Microsoft Outlook, you may receive the alert message on the top of the page:
Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments.
With this error message, you cannot save, delete, open, print, or do other works with the attachment in Outlook. So, in this post, we will show you how to fix the issue of Outlook blocked attachment.
It is common for you to come across the error of Outlook not implemented. This post shows you how to fix it.
How to Fix Outlook Blocked Attachment Error?
Here, we will show some solutions to Outlook blocking attachments.
Way 1. Use a File Share to Access the Attachment
To solve the issue of Outlook blocked attachment, you can ask the sender to save the attachment to a server or an FTP site that you can access. Then ask the sender to send you a link to the attachment on the server of the FTP site, so that you can access the attachment via clicking the link and save it on your computer.
Way 2. Rename the File to Have a Different File Name Extension
To avoid the issue that Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments, you can ask the sender to rename the file to have a different file name extension so that Outlook does not recognize it as a threat.
After you received the renamed attachment, you can save it to your computer and rename it to the original file extension.
Now, here is the tutorial.
- Locate the attachment in the e-mail.
- Right-click it and choose Copy.
- Then paste it to your computer. You can choose to save it to the desktop.
- Then right-click it and choose Rename.
- Rename it to the original file extension.
Way 3. Customize Attachment Security
To solve the error of Outlook blocked attachment, you can choose to customize attachment security. Since this action will modify the registry, you are recommended to back up the registry before proceeding.
Now, we will show you how to customize attachment security.
- Exit the Outlook.
- Press the Windows key and R key together to open the Run dialog.
- Type regedit in the box and click OK to continue.
- Then navigate to the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security. (This is the path of Outlook 2016, Outlook 2019, and Office 365)
- Under Edit, click New and then click String Value.
- Name the new value as Level1Remove and click Enter to continue.
- Right-click the new string value name and choose Modify.
- Type the file name extension of the file type that you want to open in Outlook. To specify multiple file types, use the following format: .exe;.com.
- Then click OK and exit the Registry Editor.
After that, restart your computer and run Outlook again to check whether the issue that Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments is fixed.
It is common for you to come across the issue that Microsoft Outlook has stopped working. This post shows how to fix it.
In summary, to solve the error of Outlook blocked attachment, this post shows 3 reliable ways. If you come across the same error, try these solutions. If you have any different ideas to fix this problem, share them in the comment zone.
User Comments :Post Comment