When you use your Google Account on a public computer, you will automatically sign in to Chrome using that account. Before you close the computer, you need to sign out of Chrome to protect your privacy. Do you know how to log out of Chrome in such a situation? Or perhaps, you forget to sign out of Chrome on a public computer, is it possible to sign out of Chrome on a remote desktop? This MiniTool post will show you the answers.
When you sign in to your Google Account, it will also automatically sign in to YouTube, Google Chrome, Gmail, and some other supported services using the same account. When you enjoy the convenience it brings, you also need to pay attention to one thing: sign out of Chrome if you use your Google Account on a public computer.
However, many of you have realized the auto sign-in issue especially when they sign in to Chrome using the Google account. In today’s post, we will mainly talk about how to sign out of Google Chrome.
When Do You Need to Sign out of Chrome?
In many cases, you need to log out of Chrome. Here, we will show you some common situations:
- When you use a public computer or someone else’s PC, you need to sign out of Google Chrome before you close the public computer or return the computer. This is important to protect your private information.
- If someone borrows your computer, you’d better sign out of Chrome. If not, your search history will be released. At the same time, when your friend types something in the web browser search box, the auto-fill feature will let them see what you have searched using Google Chrome. It will be embarrassing if there is some sensitive information.
- When you want to sell your computer or send it to your family member or friend, it is a wise idea to clear all personal information including the Chrome login information on the computer. Personal information leakage is not funny.
Then, we will show you how to log out of Google Chrome whether you have accessed that device or not. You can use these skills when necessary.
Google Chrome Sign out Includes:
- How to sign out of Google Chrome on your computer?
- How to sign out of Google Chrome on your phone?
- How to log out of Google Chrome remotely?
- How to disable Chrome syncing?
- How to turn off auto Chrome sign-in?
How to Sign out of Google Chrome on Your Computer?
It is very easy to log out of Chrome on your computer. Here is a guide:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click your profile picture that is at the top-right corner.
- Click Sign out.
If someone wants to sign in to use the same account, they will be asked to input the password.
How to Log out of Chrome on Android or iOS?
If you want to sign out of Chrome from your Android or iOS device, you can follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your phone.
- Tap your profile picture that is at the top side of the black page.
- You will see the Sync and Google Services Then, you need to tap your profile picture again.
- Tap the Sign out and turn off sync button to log out. However, if you haven’t synced on, you will see a Sign out of Chrome button instead.
How to Log out of Chrome Remotely?
In some cases, you need to log out of Chrome on a remote computer. Here is a real case from superuser:
How to remotely log out from Google chrome?
Can I log out from Google Chrome in a remote PC where I signed in? I logged in the library PC on my Google Chrome but forgot to log out. How can I log out from the library PC from home?
It is also simple to log out of Chrome remotely. Here are the steps:
- Go to Google Account permissions.
- Scroll down to find Google apps.
- Click Google Chrome.
- Click REMOVE ACCESS.
After you remove access from Chrome, you will sign out of any device that you’ve used to sign in to with this Google Account, including the one you are currently using. When you want to sign in to Chrome again, you can allow access to do the job.
This post tells you how to make Chrome delete autocomplete URL and how to turn off Google search suggestions if you want Chrome to stop showing previous URLs.
How to Disable Chrome Syncing?
Chrome syncing will back up a lot of data to your Gmail address like browser extensions, passwords, browsing history, bookmarks, and more. It is convenient for you to carry this information from device to device. But, you can disable Chrome syncing according to your requirements. Or, you can set to limit the data types that are saved.
Here is a guide for computers:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click the 3-dot menu and select Settings.
3. Click Sync and Google services.
4. Click Manage sync. And you will see the following interface. Here, if you want to turn off Chrome sync completely, you can switch the button for Sync everything to OFF and then turn off all the buttons for the following items. Of course, you can also turn off some of the items according to your actual situation.
Here is a guide for phones:
- Open Chrome on your phone.
- Tap More.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap your profile picture
- Tape Sync.
- Turn off Sync everything.
How to Turn off Auto Chrome Sign-In?
As mentioned above, when you sign in to your Google Account from any supported apps like Gmail or Drive, it will also automatically sign in to your Google Chrome. If you want to stop this, you can do these things:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to 3-dot menu > Settings > Sync and Google services.
- Turn off Allow Chrome sign-in under the Other Google services
After reading this post, you should know how to sign out of Google Chrome in different situations. Should you have any related issues, you can let us know in the comments.
Sign out of Chrome FAQ
- Open Chrome.
- Click your profile picture that is at the top-right side of the web browser.
- Click the Sign out button.