Western Digital unveiled the Ultrastar Serv24-4N four-node NVMe all-flash and the Ultrastar Serv24+6 hybrid storage server platforms on August 5, 2019. The firm provides customer with these new building blocks for software-defined storage (SDS), high-performance, hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI), data-intensive, and edge environments.
If you want to know more about the newest SSD, click here to read.
Data lost mistakenly? Click here to find solutions.
What the important and urgently needed thing for the organizations is to buy a platform which supports store, protect, and access the data at scale.
Technologies such as SDS and HCI can do a favor because they can decrease costs and are scalable. So the Western Digital storage server, Ultrastar Serv24-4N and Ultrastar Serv24 + 6, came into being. They have the ability to address the issues above.
In addition, they can be used in several other cases such as virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), remote office/branch offices (ROBO), test/development environments, edge/IoT and video surveillance environments, facilitating data backup and disaster recovery (DR) and so on.
To meet high-performance HCI requirements, the company is aiming to launch the Ultrastar Serv24-4N. The Ultrastar Serv24 combines NVMe SSDs and the newest Intel Xeon CPUs in the same unit to provide a performance-optimized platform for Software-Defined Storage (SDS). You can customize core count, chipset, and power to match various data workload and performance requirements.
Ultrastar Serv24-4N is designed to deliver better performance for SDS environments whether as part of a scale-out deployment or a stand-alone file server. Depending on the low latency and consistently high bandwidth, data can be accelerated to the speed of flash.
The main features of Ultrastar Serv24-4N:
- Equipped with four server nodes with each having double CPUs with full, 24 PCIe lanes to six SSDs, extracting the full performance potential of NVMe.
- Equipped with 24 NVMe SSDs includes a serious capacity and endurance options
- Maximizes networking performance through three x16 PCIe slots per node.
- Provides enterprise-class reliability and high availability with capacities up to 184TB.
Those products that need high density will get benefits from the Ultrastar Serv24+6. The ID of the 2U storage server is designed around high density and is also applied to data-intensive applications. Ideal use cases include media streaming, file services, IoT data gathering, video surveillance, big data analytics, and backup and archive.
Key functions include:
- Through innovative solutions to maximize the capacity density, 24 HDD can be provided at just 2U, followed by 4 additional HDD with a maximum capacity of up to 420TB.
- Provides options of the newest high-performance Intel Xeon Scalable Processors, supporting customers to match processing capability with their workloads and power budget.
- Provides the flexibility in choosing SAS or SATA HDDs to keep the balance of application performance and cost requirements.
- Provides mixed support with up to six NVMe SSDs in the rear bays for accelerating a data tier to elevate application performance.
Both the Ultrastar Serv24-4N and Ultrastar Serv24+6 storage servers provide 5-year limited warranty. This quarter, multiple configurations’ Ultrastar Serv24-4N will be delivered to the company’s worldwide network of distribution and channel partners. The sample of Ultrastar Serv24+6 is provided now and will be available in volume by September.