This post lists some popular USB card readers for your Windows 11 or 10 PC to let you easily access and read content on your SD cards or memory cards. To recover deleted or lost photos, videos, any other files from SD cards or memory cards, MiniTool Power Data Recovery helps.
What Does a USB Card Reader Do?
USB card reader is a small plug-and-play device that is used to connect SD cards, micro SD cards, or memory cards to a computer. It is used to read, copy or back up data from the portable flash SD/memory cards. You can use the USB SD card reader to access data on various electronics products like phones, digital cameras, camcorders, DJI drones, dash cams, etc.
Recommended USB Card Readers for Windows 11/10
If you browse the online stores like Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, you can find some good memory card readers for PC. Below we list some popular choices for your reference.
- Anker 2-in-1 USB 3.0 SD Card Reader
- SmartQ C368 USB 3.0 Multi-Card Reader
- UGREEN SD Card Reader USB 3.0 Card Hub Adapter
- Vanja Micro USB OTG Adapter and USB 2.0 Portable Memory Card Reader
- SanDisk - SDDR-B531-GN6NN MobileMate USB 3.0 microSD Card Reader
- UGREEN SD Card Reader Portable USB 3.0 Dual Slot Flash Memory Card Adapter
- saicoo DOD Military USB Common Access CAC Smart Card Reader
- COCOCKA Micro SD Card Reader, 3-in-1 USB 2.0 Memory Card Reader
- USB C SD Card Reader, Unitek Aluminum 3-Slot USB 3.0 Type-C Flash Memory Card Reader for USB C Device
- SmartQ C307 DUO SD Card Reader Portable USB 3.0 Flash Memory Card Adapter
- SanDisk SD UHS-I Card Reader - SDDR-C531-GNANN
- Sabrent USB 3.0 Micro SD and SD Card Reader (CR-T2MS)
- Sabrent SuperSpeed 2-Slot USB 3.0 Flash Memory Card Reader
How to Update USB Card Reader Driver in Windows 11/10
Keeping the driver of the memory card reader update-to-date can make the device work well on your PC. Check how to update SD card reader driver below.
- Press Windows + R and select Device Manager to open Device Manager.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Right-click the USB card reader and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Windows will download and install the available newer version of the USB card reader driver on your PC.
Check how to download, update, or reinstall USB drivers for your USB devices on Windows 10 PC. Step-by-step guide is included.
4 Tips to Fix USB Card Reader Not Working on Windows 11/10
Fix 1. Change another USB port or another computer to test the USB SD card reader.
Fix 2. Run Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to detect and fix issues with the card reader. Press Windows + R, type msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic, and press Enter to continue.
Fix 3. Follow the guide above to update card reader driver. You can also select Uninstall device to uninstall the driver and reinstall it again.
Fix 4. If the SD card doesn’t display on PC, check how to fix SD card not showing up issue.
Tip: To recover deleted or lost photos, videos, files from the SD cards, micro SD cards, memory cards, the professional data recovery program – MiniTool Power Data Recovery – helps you easily do that. This free software allows you to easily recover data from PC/laptop, SD/memory card, USB flash/pen/thumb drive, external hard drive, SSD, etc.