Windows 11 Insider preview build 22000.168, a new Windows 11 build, has been released. In this post, MiniTool Software will show you the changes, improvements, and fixes in it. Besides, you can refer to the methods mentioned in this post to download and install Windows 11 build 22000.168 on your computer.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.168 Rolls out
Microsoft has released the new Windows 11 Insider preview build 22000.168 (KB5005191). This new Windows 11 preview build is still available on both the Dev and the Beta Channels. But this is the right time for you to switch from the Dev Channel to the Beta Channel to continue to get the more stabilized Windows 11 build.
Now, let’s see the changes, improvements, and fixes in this new Windows 11 preview build 22000.168.
Changes and Improvements
- In Windows 11 KB5005191, the Microsoft Team Chat app supports more languages, including Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, and more.
- A new Microsoft 365 Widget is announced.
- Fixed apps won’t launch using Search.
- Fixed typing certain phrase into search in Settings crashes Settings.
- Remove the error message of “connect a device to see screen time activity” when using the Family Widget.
- Fixed video freezing or black screen when you make a video call.
- Fixed calls switch issues.
For more information: Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.168.
Windows 11 becomes more and more stable now. If you want to install it on your computer, here are two methods for your reference.
How to Download and Install Windows 11 Build 22000.168?
Method 1: Manually Upgrade to Windows 11
Step 1: Join the Windows Insider Program
Before the official release of Windows 11, only Windows Insiders can get the Windows 11 build released by Microsoft. So, if you want to get the official Windows 11, you need to join the Windows Insider Program. Likewise, if you want to continue to get stable Windows 11 builds, you should join the Beta Channel.
Step 2: Check for Updates
After you successfully join the Windows Insider Program, you can go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update to check whether there is an available Windows 11 update. If yes, your system will begin to download and install Windows 11 on your computer.
The whole process will last for even hours. You should wait patiently until it ends. During the process, your computer may restart several times.
Method 2: Download Windows 11 ISO and Clean Install Windows 11 from USB
Step 1: Download Windows 11 ISO File
You can also download the Windows ISO file for Windows 11 installation. Here are two approaches for you to get the Windows 11 ISO file.
- One is to download the official Windows 11 Insider preview ISO file.
- The other one is to download one from UUP Dump. By using the second download method, you can just search for the Windows 11 build you want to install and click it for downloading.
How to get the latest Windows 11 build from UUP Dump? After you open the site, you can see the recently added Windows builds. The first few in the list are generally the latest versions of Windows 11. You need to select one according to your architecture.
Step 2: Create a Windows 11 Installation USB
After getting the latest version ISO of Windows 11, you need to use Rufus to burn the ISO file to a USB drive to create a Windows 11 installation medium. The USB drive should have at least 8GB of space.
Step 3: Install Windows 11 from USB
Here comes the key step: install Windows 11 from USB.
1. Make sure the Windows 11 installation USB drive is connected to your computer.
2. Boot your computer into BIOS.
3. Start your device from the USB drive.
4. You will see the Windows Setup interface. Click Next to continue.
5. Follow the onscreen wizards to finish the Windows 11 installation process.
Now, you know which the newest Windows 11 Insider preview build is. If you want to get it on your computer, you can just try the methods mentioned in this post. Should you have other related issues, you can just let us know in the comments.