Microsoft releases a new Windows 11 build to the Insiders in the Dev Channel. What can you get from this new Insider preview build? How to get it if you want to experience it? In this post, MiniTool Software will show you the information you want to know.
Release date: June 29, 2022
Windows 11 Build 25151 Is Available in the Dev Channel
Now, Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel can get a new build: it is Windows 11 build 25151. This is not a big update. It only contains a small set of bug fixes that means to improve the overall experience for Insiders on their computers. Now, we will show the related information about the fixes in this build.
Bug Fixes in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25151
- Fixed a File Explorer scaling issue that could make the tabs to be displayed too large.
- It is more reliable to dismiss the context menu by right-clicking a tab and then clicking somewhere else in File Explorer.
- Fixed a Windows 11 Build 25145 issue that can’t shut down the computer using the Start menu. However, if this issue persists after installing this new Windows 11 build, you can report it in the Feedback Hub.
- Fixed a high-hitting Windows Security app crashing issue.
- Updated the Exclusions page in the Windows Security app to make full use of the available space.
- Fixed an underlying issue that was causing a crash when trying to delete ports in printui /s.
- Fixed printing not working from UWP apps for some Insiders in the last 2 flights.
Some fixes mentioned here in Insider Preview builds from the Dev Channel may be introduced in the servicing updates for the Windows 11 released version.
How to Get Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25151?
Here is how to get Windows 11 build 25151 in two different situations:
*If you are not a Windows Insider:
Windows 11 build 25151 is only released to Insiders in the Dev Channel. If you are not in that Channel, you need to first join the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Program. Additionally, if you are still running Windows 10, you need to check if your PC can run Windows 11.
When everything is prepared, you can follow these steps to download and install Windows 11 build 25151 on your device:
Step 1: Press Win + I to open the Settings app.
Step 2: Go to Update & Security > Windows Update.
Step 3: Click the Check for updates button.
Step 4: When you see this update in Windows Update, you can click the Download & install button to start getting this update.
Step 5: Click Restart now to complete the whole installation process.
*If you are already a Windows Insider in the Dev Channel:
If you are already running a Windows 11 build in the Dev Channel, you can just go to Start > Settings > Windows Update to check for updates and install Windows 11 preview build 25151 on your device. Likewise, you need to restart your computer to complete the entire installation process.
About Windows 11 23H2
Windows 11 22H2 is around the corner and the preview build is available in the Beta Channel of the Windows Insider Program. Microsoft is testing Windows 11 23H2 in the Dev Channel. The new features and improvements in the preview build of the Dev Channel might be introduced in Windows 11 23H2. However, the preview builds in the Dev Channel are not stable. You’d better not install them on your main computer.
If some of your files are lost after installing a new Windows 11 update, you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery to get them back. This data recovery software can work on all versions of Windows including the new Windows 11.