How to share large files with other people or transfer big files from PC to PC? How to transfer big files for free? This post will show you how to transfer big file free with top 6 ways. Read on to get more detailed ways for transferring big files.
Transfer Big Files Failed Issued
With the development of science and technology, the quality of files such as pictures or video becomes higher and higher. At the same time, the size of files also becomes larger and larger. And in daily life, sharing files with other people or transfer to another computer is a common thing.
You can also choose to share files with other people via email. However, when the file is too large, you may feel vexed about how to transfer large files. The fact is that when you transfer big files via email, you may fail because the size of the file has exceeded the transfer maximum of email. For example, the Gmail only supports you to transfer files which are not larger than 25MB.
Thus, is there any way to transfer big files to other people or to another computer?
Of course, the answer is positive. Here is the right place for you. This post will demonstrate 6 ways for you to transfer big files. You can send large files for free through different ways including cloud storage space, synchronization programs, or some special transfer sites, etc.
In the post, we will show you how to transfer big files through different methods.
Transfer Big Files to Cloud Storage Space
In this part, we will show you how to transfer big files to the cloud and then you can share the links with others.
Transfer Big Files via Google Drive
If you have transferred big files through Gmail, you will receive a warning message which tells you that the attachments are larger than 25MB and it will be automatically uploaded to the Google Drive.
Thus, you can upload the large files to Google Drive. And we will show you how to transfer big file to Google Drive with step by step guide.
Step 1: Add new large files
- After entering the main interface of Google Drive, click New to continue.
- Then choose and upload the large files you want to upload from your computer. You can choose to upload large files or folders.
Step 2: Share the files
- After you have uploaded the files to the Google Drive, you can right-click the large file and click Get Sharable link to get the sharable link.
- Then share the link to other people.
- Then, people can visit the sharable link to download the large files.
When all steps are finished, you have successfully transferred big files free to other people. Google Drive provides you with 15GB space to save photos, documents, and other documents for free. However, if you need to transfer more files, you need to pay for it or choose other ways.
Transfer Big File via OneDrive
Besides Google Drive, you can also send large files free to OneDrive and share the links with others.
And now, we will show you how to transfer big files via OneDrive.
Step 1: Log in OneDrive
Visit the Microsoft OneDrive site and input the account and password to log in the OneDrive. You can also use the OneDrive application to go on.
Step 2: Upload large files
- After entering the main interface, click Upload to add the large files.
- Choose the large files or folder to continue.
Step 3: Share large files with other people
- Right-click the large file and choose Share to continue.
- In the popup window, input the name or the email address which you want to send large files. You can add several email addresses to send large files to them at the same time.
- Then click Send to continue.
In addition, you can also choose to click the Copy Link button to get the sharable link and send it to other people.
After all steps are finished, you have successfully transferred large files to other people.
But please note the OneDrive only offers you 5GB space for free. If the files or server files total are larger than 5GB, you need to pay for it or choose other ways.
Disabling or removing OneDrive in Windows 10 would be an easy job. This post will tell you how to disable or remove OneDrive with a few steps.
Transfer Big Files via Dropbox
In this part, we will show you how to perform free file transfer via the Dropbox which is a file hosting service.
And we will show you the detailed operations with the step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Sign up Dropbox
- Visit the official site of Dropbox.
- Sign up it. If you don’t have an account, you need to register it first.
Step 2: Upload large files to Dropbox
- After entering the main interface, you can click Upload files or click Upload Folder on the right side to continue.
- After uploading large files, click Share to continue.
- Then input the email address or name to continue. Or you can click Create link to get the sharable link and send it to other people.
After that, you successfully transfer large files to other people and they can download or access the large file.
But the Dropbox only allows you to transfer big files within 2GB. If the files are larger than 2GB, you need to pay for it or choose another way.
Transfer Big Files via Synchronization Software
In the above part, we have introduced how to transfer big files trough upgrading files to cloud storage space and sent the sharable link to go on.
But as we have mentioned in the above part, the Cloud Storage devices have some limits on the total size of free file transfer. Therefore, if you need to transfer more files, what would you do? When you need to transfer big files frequently or when you need to transfer files from PC to PC, what can you do?
Or do you know how to transfer big files from PC to PC or how to send large files to external hard drive or USB drive?
Thus, you can refer to the following ways to transfer big files to external hard drive or to transfer files from PC to PC.
Transfer Big Files via MiniTool ShadowMaker
To transfer big files from PC to PC or transfer big files to USB drive or external hard drive quickly, you can take advantage of programs. Thus, we will show you the first program to help you to send big files for free.
Therefore, you can use the file backup software – MiniTool ShadowMaker to send large files free. MiniTool ShadowMaker enables you to transfer big files free from PC to PC as long as the PCs are on the same LAN or to transfer big files to USB drive or external hard drive.
In order to send big files for free, download MiniTool ShadowMaker immediately from the following button or you can also choose to purchase an advanced edition.
Now, we will show you how to transfer big file with this synchronization software.
Step 1: Launch MiniTool ShadowMaker
- Download MiniTool ShadowMaker.
- Launch it.
- Click Keep Trial.
- Choose Connect in This Computer to continue.
Step 2: Select large files to transfer
- After entering its main interface, go to Sync
- Click Source module to choose large files to transfer. Here are three paths are available including Administrator, Libraries, and
Step 3: Choose destination
- Click Destination module to choose a target disk to save the large files.
- Here are five paths are available. If you want to transfer big files to USB drives or to external hard drives, click Computer and choose the external hard drive to continue.
- If you want to transfer big files from PC to PC, click Network, choose a computer and input the Path, User name and Password. All computers will be listed here as long as they are on the same LAN.
Here, we choose to transfer big files to an external hard drive.
Step 4: Start to transfer big files free
- Click Sync Now to send large files to external hard drive.
- Or you can choose to Sync Later, but you need to restart it in the Manage
After you have finished all steps, you can find that the synchronization software – MiniTool ShadowMaker enables you to transfer large files with a very fast quick. And it also enables you to transfer files from PC to PC as long as they are on the same LAN.
One important point is that MiniTool ShadowMaker enables you to transfer big files free without size limitation.
This post shows you how to clone OS and other files on the hard drive from HDD to SSD without data loss with the best and powerful SSD cloning software.
Transfer Big File via Sync Center
In this part, we will demonstrate another synchronization program for you to send large files free. It is Sync Center which enables you to perform large file transfer from PC to PC as longs as they are on the same LAN.
Step 1: Enable Sync Center
- Open Control Panel, choose Sync Center to continue.
- Click Manage offline files and Enable offline files to continue.
Step 2: Create a shared folder on another computer
- To transfer big files via Sync Center, a shared folder is required. Thus, you can click here to know how to create a shared folder.
- Put the large files to the shared folder.
Step 3: Transfer big files
- Press Windows key and R key together to open Run dialog on the computer which has enabled Sync Center.
- Type the \\ plus the IP address of the other computer that has created the shared folder in the Run dialog to enter the shared folder.
- Then double-click the shared folder and you can find all large files are listed here. Select the large files and choose Always available offline to continue.
- After that, you have transferred the large files to another computer.
For the detailed operation steps, you can refer to the post: The Best File Synchronization Software – MiniTool ShadowMaker
The Sync Center also enables you to transfer big file free without size limitation.
How to transfer files from PC to PC after you purchase a new computer? This post will show you 5 effective ways for a computer to computer transfer.
Transfer Big File via Online Service
Apart from the above ways to transfer big files, you can also send big files for free via online services.
Nowadays, there are some online services available for you to transfer big files for free, such as WeTransfer. As for it, you just need to upload the large files, and then add the email address you want to transfer to. After that, you can successfully send big files to other people.
But, the online service is free when the file size doesn’t exceed the maximum. Once exceeding, you need to pay for it.
So, from above methods, you can find that MiniTool ShadowMaker and Sync Center allow you to transfer big files without limitations. And they also enable you to transfer big files from PC to PC. However, other ways for sending large files requires you to pay for it when exceeding the free file transfer limitation.
After reading this post, do you know how to send large files for free? Do you know how to transfer files from PC to PC? Do you know how to send large files over the Internet? If you have any better idea of transferring big files, you can share it on the comment zone.
If you encounter some problems when transferring big files or if you have some problem with MiniTool ShadowMaker, you can contact us via the email [email protected] and we will reply to you as soon as possible.