If you encounter system crashes on your Windows computer and the OS works abnormally, you can use a professional system restore software program to easily restore your operating system to a previous healthy state. This post introduces some best free system restore software for Windows 10/11 for your reference.
5 Best Free System Restore Software for Windows 10/11
1. MiniTool ShadowMaker
The first top free system restore software application we introduce is MiniTool ShadowMaker.
MiniTool ShadowMaker is a professional free PC backup software program for Windows 11/10/8/7. It can not only help you backup and restore Windows operating system but also help you backup data on your PC at a fast speed.
For Windows system backup and restore, this program helps you easily restore the system, drives, and files to the previous state when something goes wrong like a system crash or hardware failure. MiniTool ShadowMaker enables you to back up your system drive completely, including system partition, system reserved partition, and EFI system partition. All data including applications, drivers, computer settings, system files, and boot files will be imaged.
For data backup, MiniTool ShadowMaker lets you easily choose files, folders, partitions, or the whole disk content to back up them to an internal hard drive, external hard drive, USB flash drive, shared folder, or network drive. It safely protects your data in case of any accidents.
Other professional backup features of this program include file sync, schedule automatic backup, incremental backup, disk clone, and more.
Download and install this all-in-one Windows system backup and restore software on your Windows PC or laptop, and check how to use it to back up and restore your Windows operating system below.
Create a system image backup:
- Launch MiniTool ShadowMaker to access its main interface.
- Click the Backup module.
- The first time you open this program, it is designed to back up your Windows OS by default. In the Source section, you can see the system-required partitions are selected by default including the boot drive, system reserved drive, etc. You can also click the Source section to manually select the system partitions as the backup source.
- Click the Destination section and select the target location/device that you want to store the system image. It is recommended to choose an external hard drive as the backup location.
- Click the Back Up Now button to start the backup process immediately.
Perform the system restore:
- Open MiniTool ShadowMaker and click the Restore option.
- Click Add Backup and select the preferred system backup image and click OK.
- Now the system backup is displayed. You can click the Restore button.
- Next, select a backup version you want to restore and click Next.
- Choose all the partitions you want to restore from the system backup file and click Next.
- Select a disk to which you want to restore the system and click Next.
- Wait for the system restore process to complete. Click Finish.
2. Windows System Restore
Windows 10/11 has a built-in system restore feature that lets you easily create a system restore point and restore your OS to a previous state when needed. Learn how to create a system restore point and perform the Windows system restore below.
Create a system restore point on Windows 10/11:
- Press Windows + S to open Windows Search.
- Type restore point in the search box and select Create a restore point.
- In the System Properties window and under the System Protection tab, you can select your system drive like C drive and click the Configure button.
- Check the Turn on system protection option and click OK.
- Back to the System Properties window, you can select the system drive and click Create.
- Type a description for the system restore point to help you identify it. The current date and time are added automatically.
- Click the Create button to start creating the system point for the system drive.
Restore OS with the system restore point:
- Still, press Windows + S, type system restore, and select Create a restore point to access the System Properties window again.
- Under the System Protection tab, you can click the System Restore button to open the System Restore tool.
- Click Next and choose a preferred system restore point. You can identify the system restore point based on the description and creation date and time.
- Confirm the system restore point and click Finish to start restoring your computer to a previous state.
Tip: If your computer can’t boot, you can press the Power button to turn on and turn off your computer three times. Each time when you see the Windows logo in the startup process, press the Power button to turn off the computer. The third time you repeat the process, you should enter into Windows Recovery Environment. Click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore to access the System Restore window to continue.
3. EaseUS Todo Backup
Another top free system restore software is EaseUS Todo Backup.
You can use this program to back up Windows system partition along with user settings to create a system restore drive for Windows. It helps you restore your system to a previous healthy state after a system crash, hardware failure, BSOD, virus/malware attack, etc.
This system restore application can back up your Windows system in a full, incremental, or differential backup. It also lets you restore Windows backup images to a dissimilar computer. Advanced restoration settings are also included.
4. QRM Plus Manager
QRM Plus Manager lets you create restore points, carry out a system restore operation, and manage the system restore points in your Windows computer.
You can use this program to easily create system restore points for your Windows 10/11 computer and restore your Windows OS from the restore points when needed.
5. Restore Point Creator
Restore Point Creator is another free system restore program that lets you quickly create system restore points and manage the system restore points on your Windows computer.
You can use this application to create system restore points for your Windows 10/11 computer, restore the OS to a previous state, fix corrupted system restore points, schedule system restore point creation, and more.
Easy-to-use Free Data Recovery Software
You may lose some data after a hard drive failure, system crash, etc. Here we also introduce an easy-to-use free data recovery software program to help you recover deleted/lost data from your computer and other storage devices.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a top free data recovery program for the Windows platform. You can use this program on your Windows 11/10/8/7 computer to recover data from various storage devices. You can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery to recover deleted/lost files, photos, videos, audio files, emails, or any other data from a Windows computer, USB flash drive, SD or memory card, external hard drive, or SSD.
It can not only help you recover permanently deleted files but also help you restore data from various data loss situations. It helps you recover data from a corrupted/formatted hard drive, recover data after malware/virus infection, recover data after a computer BSOD, system crash, or any other computer problems. You can even use it to recover data when your PC won’t boot thanks to its built-in bootable media builder.
This application has a very intuitive interface and lets you recover data in a few simple steps.
Download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery on your Windows PC or laptop, and check how to use it to recover data below.
- If you want to use this tool to recover data from an external drive like an external HDD or USB, you should connect the device to your Windows computer first.
- After you connect the device, you can launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
- On the main interface, you can select the target drive under Logical Drives and click Scan. If you want to scan the whole device or disk, you can click the Devices tab and select the target device/disk and click Scan. For Window computer, you can also select a specific location like Desktop, Recycle Bin, or a particular folder to scan.
- Let the software finish the scan process. Then you can check the scan result to find the target files you need. If you find them, you can check them and click Save to select a new location to store the recovered files.
Tip: If you want to select specific files to scan, you can click the Scan Settings icon in the left sidebar of the main UI and select the file types you want to scan.
This post introduces some top free system restore software for Windows 10/11 to help you restore your system to a previous healthy state when needed.
For more useful computer tips, tricks, and free tools, you may visit MiniTool Software official website. MiniTool Software also offers MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool MovieMaker, MiniTool Video Converter, MiniTool Video Repair, and more tools.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a top free disk partition manager that lets you manage your hard disks from all aspects. You can use this tool to repartition a hard drive, migrate OS to SSD, benchmark disk, analyze hard drive space, check and fix disk errors, and more.
MiniTool MovieMaker is a free video editor for Windows. You can use it to trim video, add effects/transitions/music/subtitles to video, and export video in HD MP4.
MiniTool Video Converter is a free video converter for Windows. You can use it to convert any video or audio file to your preferred format, download YouTube videos for offline playback, and record computer screen with audio.
MiniTool Video Repair is a free video repair tool that lets you repair corrupted MP4/MOV videos for free.
If you have any issues with using MiniTool Software programs, you may contact [email protected] for help.
User Comments :Post Comment