Keeping drivers updated can bring the best performance of computer hardware and make your computer function well. This post from MiniTool introduces information about Avast Driver Updater. You can know the definition, advantages, and disadvantages of it. Besides, you can know how to install it on Windows 10.
Generally, Windows PCs have hundreds of different drivers. These files help the application interact with the hardware. There are many famous driver updaters such as Avast Driver Updater, Driver Easy, etc. Today, let’s get information about Avast Driver Updater.
List of top 6 free driver updater software for Windows 10/8/7. Update drivers of your computer components with ease.
Overview of Avast Driver Updater
What is Avast Driver Updater
What is Avast Driver Updater? Avast Driver Updater is a PC performance tool that scans your hardware for damaged and outdated drivers and then updates them to reduce and prevent PC problems. Avast Driver Updater is a paid product that requires a subscription to use.
You can use Avast Driver Updater to scan for outdated or mismatched drivers in your Windows PC. However, it does not include development libraries and environments, such as MSV++ Runtime, .Net, Oracle, Java, etc. This procedure is only applicable to drivers.
In addition, the Avast driver update program does not update the core basic drivers distributed in the operating system installation and update, because these drivers are covered by the Windows update.
Minimum System Requirements
To make sure that your PC can run Avast Driver Updater successfully, your PC must satisfy the minimum system requirements for Avast Driver Updater.
- System: Windows 10/8/8.1/7
- Video Card: Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 64 processor or above.
- RAM: 256 MB or above.
- Hard Disk Space: 400 MB
- Screen Resolution: no less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended.
Pros and Cons of Avast Driver Updater
The following are the pros and cons of Avast Driver Updater.
- Automatic driver update.
- Backup and restore.
- Do not have much impact on system performance.
- Does not show the driver size.
- There is no free version, only a 15-day trial version.
- Other operating systems such as Mac, Android, and Linux are not supported.
How to Install Avast Driver Updater
Now, we will introduce how to install Avast Driver Updater. Here is a guide for you.
Step 1: Download Avast Driver Updater from its official website.
Step 2: Right-click the downloaded installation file, avast_driver_updater_online_setup.exe and select the Run as administrator option from the context menu.
Step 3: When you are prompted for permission in the User Account Control dialog box, you just need to click Yes.
Step 4: Click Install Now and click Scan Drivers. Wait while Avast Driver Updater scans your PC. If outdated drivers are detected, click Update All. You can also click Unlock All Features.
Step 5: Then, there are 3 options for you and you need to choose one of them.
- Purchase a subscription: Select your preferred subscription, then click Buy Now and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the purchase.
- Start a free trial: Click the X key, then click Start Free Trial and follow the on-screen instructions to access Avast Driver Updater for a limited time.
- I already have a subscription: If you already purchased Avast Driver Updater before installation, activate your paid subscription.
Step 6: Then, the program is installed on your PC.
Some people report that they encounter the “Avast update stuck” issue when updating the software. If you are one of them, you can read this post.
Here is all information about Avast Driver Updater. You can know the definition, pros, and cons of it. Besides, you can know how to install it on Windows 10.