Recently, the cold, especially water cooling product becomes popular. ADATA launched XPG SPECTRIX D80 water-cooled RAM; FSP released Hydrio PTM+ 850W "buffalo". Besides, the high-end motherboards are often provided with M.2 SSD, so TeamGroup published CARDEA Liquid M.2 PCIe SSD.
The new product of TeamGroup made its debut at Computex Computer Show which was held from May 28 to June 1 2019. It is called CARDEA Liquid M.2 PCIe SSD and it is the world’s first water cooling M.2 solid state drive. Many features work together to bring out the best performance. Till now, the T-Force CARDEA Liquid has done great job in tackling overheating problems.
CARDEA Liquid M.2 PCIe SSD: Water Cooling
The new TeamGroup M.2 SSD gives support to the latest NVMe 1.3 protocol and has a crystal clear structure for 51cc of water-cooled liquid.
Main features of this M.2 PCIe solid state drive:
- It supports NVMe1.3 protocol.
- It’s the world’s first water cooling M.2 PCIe SSD.
- The performance of the overall system is amazing.
- The S.M.A.R.T./TRIM technology can monitor the drive status efficiently.
- Equipped with PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe interface, it has fast sequential read/write speeds.
- The structure design is eye-catching; it’s a combination of craftsmanship and fashion.
- It provides 3-year product warranty and offers free technical support service.
Self-circulating Cooling Effect
There’s a clear acrylic case (which is filled with self-circulating liquid) on top of the CARDEA Liquid M.2 PCIe solid state drive.
- The heat source of M.2 SSD will be guided into the heat sink of aluminum alloy via the silicone thermal pad.
- Then, the self-circulating liquid on the top layer will dissipate heat so as to lower the temperature.
- After that, the convection wind of the chassis fan will be used to cool the liquid so as to take away the heat.
The result of the laboratory tests conducted by T-FORCE shows the water cooling design works efficiently in keeping the drive around 10 degrees C cooler. And you are allowed to drain the top case and refill it with another type of liquid.
The crashes caused by overheating can be avoided greatly by lowering the temperature in short time. Meanwhile, the fabulous cooling efficiency helps to keep a stable working system and amazing performance. As a result, the CARDEA Liquid water cooling M.2 solid state drive is a wonderful choice for gaming and high performance PC.
This new product of TeamGroup is able to offer you the smoothies and finest gaming experience. Why? The Intelligent SLC Caching and DRAM Cache Buffer are built in the drive; the speed of the drive is very fast.
- The sequential read and write speeds of TeamGroup T-Force CARDEA Liquid are respectively up to 3,400 MB/s and up to 3,000 MB/s.
- As for the random read and write speeds, they are respectively up to 180K IOPS and up to 160K.
The performance of CARDEA Liquid M.2 SSD is very good especially on the bandwidth side. However, the IOPS of it is a little bit lower than the similar products.
The exciting news is you are allowed to change the color of the water-cooled liquid in CARDEA Liquid M.2 PCIe SSD. The first color model is the dark blue; 9 rainbow colors are on the way. You can open the case by unscrewing the side screws to pour off the original water-cooled liquid, and then refill it with a new water-cooled liquid. Besides, you are able to choose the color of the chassis according to the theme.