This tutorial explains how to change notification settings or manage notifications in Windows 10. If you need a free data recovery application, hard drive partition manager, data and system backup software, video editor, video downloader, MiniTool software designs all of these.
If you want to change notification settings in Windows 10, manage notifications in Windows 10 or turn off notification sounds in Windows, you can check the detailed guides below.
How to Change Notification Settings in Windows 10
Step 1. Access Windows Notifications & actions center
You can click Start -> Settings to open Windows Settings. Click System and click Notifications & actions.
Check the 5 tips to fix Realtek HD Audio Manager missing in Windows 10. Fix Realtek HD Audio Manager not showing in Control Panel.
Step 2. Change Notification Settings in Windows 10
You can then customize the following notification settings in Windows 10. To turn off all notifications in Windows 10, you can locate the Notifications section and turn off the switch under each option. You can also turn off and on specific notification.
- Show notifications on the lock screen.
- Show reminders and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen.
- Get notifications from apps and other senders.
- Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.
- Choose whether to see notifications when you’re duplicating your screen.
How to Change Notification Settings for Each App
- If you want change notification settings for specific app in Windows 10, you can follow the same operation above to open notifications center, and scroll down to find the particular app you want to adjust the notifications.
- Click the app to access a more advanced notification settings window. Then you can turn on or off the preferred notification for this app.
How to Hide Notifications Temporarily
You can use Focus Assist to temporarily hide notifications in Windows 10.
- You can open Action Center by pressing Windows + A keys together or click the Notification icon at the right of Windows taskbar.
- Next click the Moon icon to open Focus Assist. If you don’t see it, click Expand first. Then you can choose which notification you’d like to see and hear so you can stay focused. Besides, you can also choose the times and activities when you don’t want to be disturbed. For example, when you are playing a game, when you are using an app in full screen mode, when you are duplicating the display, etc. You can also choose to show a summary of what you missed while Focus Assist was on.
Microsoft releases new Microsoft Editor for Microsoft 365 Word, Outlook. It also releases Microsoft Editor extension for Chrome and Microsoft Edge browser.
How to Turn Off Notification Sounds Windows 10 – 2 Ways
If you fell that the notifications sound is annoying, you can choose to turn off notification sounds in Windows 10. Check the steps below.
Way 1. Disable sounds of notifications in Settings
You can open Notifications & actions center by following the guide above, click the preferred application, and turn off the Play a sound when a notification arrives option. You can follow the same operation to turn off notification sounds of other apps.
Way 2. Turn Off Notification Sounds Windows 10 from Control Panel
Open Control Panel in Windows 10. You can press Windows + R, type control panel, and click OK to open it.
Next click Hardware and sound, and click Change system sounds link.
Scroll down to find Notification under Program Events. And click Notification.
Then you can click the drop-down menu under Sounds to choose None. At last, click Apply and click OK to save the changes.
This tutorial introduces how to change notification settings in Windows 10, how to manage notifications in Windows 10, and how to turn off notification sounds in Windows 10. Hope it helps.