Ultimate guide for how to change password Windows 10. 4 ways are here to help you change/reset password in Windows 10 if you want. Also learn how to remove password in Windows 10, reset forgotten Windows 10 password and how to unlock Windows 10 if you forget the current password.
- How do I change/reset login/administrator password in Windows 10?
- How to unlock Windows 10 when you forgot administrator password?
- How to remove/bypass password in Windows 10?
If you have some important files or data stored in your computer, you may choose to set a login password in your Windows 10 computer to keep your data and privacy safe. When you need, you can easily change password Windows 10 with 4 ways.
Still, if don’t need a user account password, you can easily remove password in Windows 10. This post also provides 2 ways.
Moreover, if you forgot the Windows 10 administrator password, you also have some options to reset your password or unlock Windows 10. We also provides several ways and hope there is one way to help you out.
Tip: For managing your Windows 10 computer hard drive, recovering deleted/lost files, backup Windows 10 OS, etc. you may recur to MiniTool software.
4 Ways to Change/Reset Password Windows 10
If you know your current password and want to change it, you can try the 4 ways below to realize the Windows 10 password change mission.
Way 1. Change Windows 10 Sign-in Password from Settings
Click Start -> Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options -> click Change button under Password, and follow the instructions to reset Windows 10 password.
Way 2. Change Password in Windows 10 from Control Panel
- Click Start and type control panel, click Control Panel to open Control Panel Windows 10.
- Click User Accounts -> Manage another account.
- Choose the account you’d like to change the password.
- Click Change the password link, and input your current password and enter and confirm new password. Click Change password.
Way 3. Reset Windows 10 Password from Computer Management
- Right-click This PC and select Manage to open Computer Management in Windows 10.
- Expand Local Users and Groups and click
- Right-click the target user account and click Set Password….
- Proceed to set new password for the chosen account.
You can also use this way to change password Windows 10 if you forgot the current password.
Way 4. How to Change Administrator Password Windows 10 with Netplwiz
- Press Windows logo key and R key on the keyboard at the same time to open Windows Run box. Input netplwiz in the search box and hit Enter to open User Accounts
- Select a user account and click Reset Password button to reset password Windows 10.
This way also help you with the Windows 10 password change in the case that you don’t remember the administrator password, since it won’t require you input the current password.
How to Remove/Bypass Password in Windows 10 – 2 Ways
If you don’t want to set a sign-in password in Windows 10 so as to quickly log into Windows 10, you can remove the user account password in Windows 10 with these 2 ways.
Way 1. Bypass Login Password in Windows 10 with Netplwiz
- Click Start and type netplwiz, click the top result to open User Accounts window.
- Select the user account under Users for this computer, and uncheck the box before Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
- Click Apply, and enter your current password, and click OK.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer, and it won’t need you to type the password to log in.
Way 2. How to Remove Password in Windows 10 from Settings
- Click Start -> Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options.
- Click Change under Password.
- Input your current password and click Next.
- Leave all fields blank and don’t type a new password, and click Next -> Finish. This will remove the password in your Windows 10 computer.
How to Unlock Windows 10 If You Forgot Administrator Password
What if you forgot the Windows 10 account login password? How to access your Windows 10 computer when you forget the Admin password in Windows 10? There are some ways you can try.
Way 1. Reset Windows 10 Account Password Online
- Use another accessible computer and search the Internet with https://account.live.com/password/reset.
- Select I forgot my password, and click Next.
- Confirm your Microsoft account, and enter the email or phone number linked with your account.
- Enter the security password received in your email or phone number.
- Enter and confirm the new password. Then log in your Windows 10 computer with new password.
Way 2. Try to Remember Admin Password with Password Hint
Normally when you create the password for your local account, Windows 10 will recommend you to create a password hint. If you did this, when you type a wrong password, the password hint may be able to remind you the administrator password.
Way 3. Change Sign-in Options to Unlock Windows 10
If you’ve created a PIN code or add a Picture password for your local admin account, you can change sign-in options to unlock your Windows 10 computer.
After you enter a wrong password in sign-in page, you can click Sign-in options, and it will show three icons: Picture password, PIN code, and password. You can select PIN code or Picture password to log in your Windows 10 computer.
Alternatively, you can select Reset password on the sign-in screen, answer your security questions, and enter a new password for your account.
Way 4. Reset Windows 10 Forgotten Password with Password Reset Disk
You can also reset the lost Windows 10 password by using a password reset disk. This only works on condition that you’ve created a Windows 10 password reset disk before you lost your password.
If you have created a Windows 10 password reset disk, you can easily reset a new password to sign into your Windows 10 computer.
Normally you don’t need to reset, restore or reinstall Windows 10 if you can unlock your Windows 10 computer with the ways above. However, if neither way works, you may choose to reset, restore or reinstall Windows 10.
This post provides full guides to help you change password Windows 10, remove password in Windows 10, and how to unlock Windows 10 if you forgot the password. Hope you can find your way out about Windows 10 password change/reset/bypass issue.