Windows provides a set of computer management tools for users to manage computer’s tasks and performance. Check the 9 ways in this post for how to open Computer Management in Windows 10.
What Is Computer Management
Windows Computer Management is a pack of Windows administrative tools Microsoft provides for users. You can use it to access to a series of administrative tools like Event Viewer, Task Scheduler, Device Manager, Disk Management, Services Manager, etc.
If you need to open Computer Management in Windows 10 to manage, monitor or optimize a computer system for better performance, security or other improvement, you can check the 9 ways below to easily open Windows 10 Computer Management.
Quick Video Guide:
#1. How to Open Computer Management in Windows 10 from Start Menu
The quickest way to open Computer Management in Windows 10 is using Start menu.
- You can click Start icon at the bottom-left corner on Window 10 computer screen.
- Then type compmgmt.msc and choose the top result Computer Management to open this app.
Windows 11 won’t update? Check the 8 solutions in this post to troubleshoot Windows 11 update problems and can’t update Windows 11 issue.
#2. Access Windows 10 Computer Management App through Search Box
- You can also directly click the Search Box next to Start.
- Type compmgmt.msc, and hit Enter to open Computer Management in Windows 10.
#3. Open Computer Management in Windows 10 with Windows + X
- You can press Windows + X keys on the keyboard at the same time to open the Quick Access menu.
- Choose Computer Management from the list to open this app.
This post teaches you how to use Windows 11/10 troubleshooters to detect and fix Windows errors automatically.
#4. Use Control Panel to Open Windows 10 Computer Management
- Press Windows + R on the keyboard, and type control panel in the Run window. Hit Enter to open Control Panel Windows 10.
- Click System and Security -> Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Computer Management to open it.
Related popular tutorial: How to Repair Windows 10 with Startup Repair, SFC Scannow, etc. (6 Ways)
#5. Find Computer Management from Start Menu
- You can click Windows Start menu, scroll down the list of apps and find Windows Administrative Tools.
- Click Windows Administrative Tools to expand it. Find Computer Management app and open it.
#6. Use Cortana to Open Computer Management in Windows 10
You can click the microphone icon at the taskbar to make Cortana listen to you. Then you can say Open Computer Management or Launch Computer Management to Cortana, and it will open Computer Management tool for you.
#7. Open Computer Management Tool through Run Window
- You can press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open Windows Run.
- Input compmgmt.msc, and hit Enter to open it.
#8. Using Computer Management Command/CMD
You can open Command Prompt and open Computer Management through Command Prompt.
You can press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, and type cmd and hit Enter to open Windows Command Prompt window.
Then you can type this command line: compmgmt.msc, and hit Enter to open Computer Management.
#9. Enter Computer Management through Windows PowerShell
- You can right-click Start button in Windows 10, and choose Windows PowerShell to open Windows PowerShell utility.
- Next type compmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Computer Management in Windows 10.
This tutorial provides 9 ways to help you open Windows 10 Computer Management app. You can choose either way to easily access Computer Management tool, and access Disk Management, Device Manager, Event Viewer, Local users and groups, etc.