When trying to launch Modern Warfare, players receive the “COD MW missing data pack” error message. This has been specifically reported by console users, and platforms like Xbox and PlayStation are affected. This post from MiniTool provides solutions.
Call of Duty is a popular game all over the world. However, when you play it, you may encounter the “COD MW missing data pack” issue. In this article, we'll show you how to fix it. You can continue to read this post.
When you play Call of Duty, you may encounter the dev error 6065. Don’t worry, you can read this post to find some solutions to get rid of it.
Fix 1: Make Sure You Have Purchased the Game
The first thing you should do when you have a related problem is to make sure you bought the game and own it. It turns out that many players confuse it with Warzone and end up thinking it's also a free-to-play game like Warzone, which is not the case. If this is the case, you must first purchase the game from the PlayStation Store or Microsoft Store (if you're on Xbox).
Once this is done, you will be able to download the required packages which should get rid of the associated error message. If you already own the game, just move down to the next method mentioned below.
Fix 2: Download Multiplayer Pack
It turns out that some players encountered the above error message when trying to launch the multiplayer version of the Modern Warfare game. This means that the campaign is working fine and the bug is only related to the multiplayer mode. In this case, the problem is usually due to missing packets, which is also clearly mentioned in the error message.
If this applies to you, then you can simply download the multiplayer pack for the game on your console and the problem will go away.
- First, open up the main menu of your Xbox console.
- Find the game.
- Press the menu button on your Xbox controller (the one with three horizontal lines).
- From the pop-up that appears, head over to Manage Game and Add-ons and press A to select it.
- Now you will see various options such as Updates, Saved data, the version of the game installed etc.
- Select the game (the option where it shows Game installed).
- From the Internal storage menu, select All items and Game and Add-ons.
- Under this, you will see multiple packs such as “Modern Warfare – Special Ops Pack, Multiplayer & Special Ops Pack etc.
- Select every pack that you need (ensure that you have enough storage) and then click on Save Changes.
- It will download and install the packs.
- Then launch the game and it should work normally.
To sum up, this post has introduced 2 ways to fix the “COD MW missing data pack” issue. If you have come across the same error, try these solutions. If you have any better ideas to fix the error, you can share it in the comment zone.