Destiny 2 is a free-to-play online-only multiplayer shooter video game. When you play this game, the error code guitar may appear on the screen. How can you fix Destiny 2 error code guitar? Some useful solutions collected by MiniTool will be introduced in this post.
Error Code Guitar Destiny 2
A free online multiplayer shooter video game is popular with players and Destiny 2 is a good choice. But sometimes you may receive some error codes when playing this game and the common codes are weasel, anteater, baboon, chicken, etc.
Also, another common error code is guitar. This is the topic we will talk about today. This Destiny error happens when you cannot pick up items from the ground in an activity like Gambit.
According to Bungie, the best way to avoid the error code is to make sure all these items including Glimmer, Orbs of Light, Destination Materials, Ammo (Special, Kinetic, and Power), and Engrams (Legendary, Rare, Powerful, etc.) are picked up during the game.
If you continuously receive the guitar error code, you can try some solutions below to fix it.
How to Fix Destiny 2 Error Code Guitar
Restart Destiny 2
This is the first thing you should try since sometimes restarting a game can solve some issues. However, this is not a 100% fix but you can have a try.
- If you are still in the game, pause the game by clicking the Xbox logo button.
- Locate Destiny 2 that is below the Guide pane.
- Choose the game, click Start, and then Quit.
- Re-launch Destiny and see if the error code is removed.
- Click the PlayStation logo button to pause the game if you are in the game.
- Go to the titles displaying the running games and choose Destiny. Then, stop the game by clicking the Options button.
- Alternatively, you can stop the game from the in-game menu and go to Options > Log Out.
Clear Cache in Console
The game cache can help to run the game faster and efficiently but if it is corrupted, the error code guitar may appear. To fix this issue, clear the cache in your console.
- Power off the console and unplug the power cable.
- Leave the console idle for five minutes to finish all operations and the console shuts down completely.
- Reconnect the power cable and restart the console.
- Run Destiny 2 and see if the guitar error is fixed.
For more information on the detailed steps of clearing cache, read this post – How to Clear Cache on PS4, Xbox, and PC.
Clear Steam Download Cache
If you are a steam user but receive Destiny 2 error code guitar, you can also choose to clear the steam download cache to fix the issue. Follow these steps:
- Launch the Steam client and go to Steam > Settings > Downloads.
- Click Clear Download Cache and click Yes to confirm.
Reinstall Destiny 2
If these solutions cannot work, reinstalling the game may be your only choice.
- Sign in your console, go to the home menu and choose My Games > Apps, press games, and choose Destiny.
- Go to Menu > Manage Game option > Uninstall All and click Uninstall to confirm your choice.
- The game will be removed.
- To reinstall it, go to Ready to Install, locate Destiny, and choose Install.
- The download and install progress starts.
- In PS4, sign in to your account.
- Go to the Settings menu and click System Storage Management.
- Under the Applications menu, press Options when highlighting Destiny.
- Click Delete > Select All > Delete to uninstall the game.
- To reinstall this game, go to Library, locate Destiny, and click Download.
- The console will start installing Destiny.
Is Destiny 2 error code guitar making you annoyed? Don’t worry and now you should easily get rid of the trouble after trying these solutions above. Just try them!