Have you received error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly when trying to perform an operation that usually causes a service to start? What should you do when encountering the Windows service error 1067? Now, MiniTool offers you some simple methods in this post.
Windows Error 1067 on Services
Many users of Windows 10/8/7, Server 2012 R2/2016, etc. are reporting to have a problem while trying to execute an operation that is based on a service. And the detailed error message that appears on the computer screen is:
“Windows could not start the XX service on Local Computer.
Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.”
The 1067 error code appears mainly because of corrupted settings of that particular service, faulty services, Windows system malfunction, etc. Now, in this article, we will tell you how to fix the service error and all of them have been proved to be useful by users who had the same problem.
Fixes for Windows Service Error 1067
Method 1: Fix Permissions Issues
Sometimes the permissions problems are responsible for the error 1067. To fix the issue, having access to the service controls from a personal user profile is helpful.
What you should do is here:
1. Press Win+ R keys at the same time to open the Run utility, type services.msc and hit Enter.
2. Find the service which has the error 1067 from the services list, right-click on it and choose Properties from the context menu.
3. If the service is running, stop it. If it is stopped, go to the Log On tab and click the Browse button.
4. Type your account name to the Enter the object name to select section and click Check Names. Wait for the name to be available.
5. Click OK If needed, input the password. Now, the service should start without error code 1067.
Method 2: Repair the Problematic Service
Sometimes error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly occurs because the service you are trying to start becomes faulty or corrupted. So, you can try to delete and install the service to get rid of the trouble.
Do you know how to back up individual Registry keys Windows 10? Now, this post will show you a step-by-step guidance to do this job.
The detailed instructions are described here:
1. Launch the Run dialog (mentioned in method 1), input regedit and click Enter.
2. After opening the Registry Editor window, head to the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services.
3. Find the service that has the error 1067 from the list (Here, we take the ACPI service as an example). Right-click on it, click Export to save it to the desktop or any place, name it ACPI and click Save. We do this process is to create a backup for the service.
4. Then right-click on the service and choose Delete to remove it from the services list.
5. Run Command Prompt with administrative rights, input sfc /scannow, and press Enter to perform a scan for your Windows system.
6. Restart your computer. Then, find the backup of the registry key you have saved, right-click on it and choose Merge.
7. Open the Services window via the Windows search bar, right-click on the service and click Start.
Now, you can try to check if the Windows service error 1067 is resolved.
Method 3: Delete Certain Files
If you are bothered by SQL or MySQL error 1067, you can delete some log files from the install directory to fix it.
- Open Control Panel and let it show all items by large icons.
- Click Administrative Tools and Services.
- Find the MySQL service, right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Click Stop and OK.
- Go to the folder where you have installed MySQL. Usually, it is C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86).
- In the folder, click the Data folder, find ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1, and then delete them.
- Go to the Services window and start the MySQL service again.
If you are having the error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly, now try these 3 common methods to troubleshoot the issue. These solutions are proved to be useful and hope you can also get rid of the trouble.