If your ASUS keyboard backlight stops working suddenly, you will be curious. Why does this issue happen? How to make the ASUS keyboard backlight back to its normal state? In this MiniTool post, we will introduce some details about the reasons for this issue and some methods to get rid of this issue.
ASUS is a famous manufacturer in the field of computing. It produces different kinds of products like high-end motherboards, keyboards, graphics cards, computers, and more. Recently, we have note one ASUS-related issue: ASUS keyboard backlight not working.
Many users have encountered this issue when using an ASUS laptop. Perhaps, you are also bothered by this problem. To help you solve this issue, we will introduce some related information including the causes of this issue and the methods to fix it.
Top Reasons for ASUS Keyboard Backlight Not Working
Many reasons can cause ASUS keyboard light won’t turn on or not working. We have collected some main reasons as follows:
When your Windows computer is running, it may produce some temporary issues that can cause problems on your computer. But, this issues can be simply solved via rebooting the computer.
If the driver for the keyword is corrupted or outdated, the ASUS keyboard backlight not working issue can also happen. You will need to update or reinstall the driver manually to solve the issue.
At times, the ASUS hardware is not synced with the operating system and this situation can cause ASUS keyboard light won’t turn on or not working.
Installation File Issues
There should be installation file that can be used to manage your hotkeys. But, it may not be executed in your ASUS computer for installation. This is also a top reason for ASUS keyboard backlight not working.
Now, you know what can cause this issue. Then, we will show you how to turn on keyboard light ASUS.
Solution 1: Power Cycle Your Computer
This needs you to completely shut down your ASUS computer and draining the static charge. By doing this, your computer can reset the temporary configurations and force itself to reinitialize the configurations.
Here is a guide:
- Shut down your computer or laptop.
- Unplug the device and then take out the battery.
- Wait for about 3 minutes and then power on the device.
Now, you can check whether the ASUS keyboard backlight is working. If not, you can try the next solution.
Why rebooting a computer fixes problems? This post tells you what does restarting your computer do and why it can solve your computer issues in this post.
Solution 2: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
If it is a hardware issue that cause ASUS keyboard backlight not working, you can use the hardware and devices troubleshooter to fix the problem.
The hardware and devices troubleshooter can check the hardware components and find out the wrong thing. It can also help you find out that whether the driver is outdated or corrupted.
- Click the search box that is at the bottom-left side and then search for control panel.
- Select the first search result to open Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Keyboard and then follow the guide to finish the troubleshooting process.
Solution 3: Use Hcontrol.exe
Hcontrol.exe comes from ASUS and it is used to manage all the hotkeys on the ASUS laptop. It can also be used to manage the ASUS keyboard backlight. This file is included in your ASUS laptop. If it is not functioning automatically, you can manually use it to fix ASUS keyboard backlight not working.
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Navigate to the following file path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey
3. Search for exe and then click it to execute.
At last, you can whether the ASUS keyboard backlight is turned on.
Solution 4: Manually Reinstall Keyboard Driver
If the above three methods don’t work for you, you can consider whether the driver for the keyboard is not compatible, damaged, or outdated. We suggest downloading and then installing the driver to directly solve the issue.
You can go to the ASUS official site to search for the driver for the keyboard and then download & install it on your computer
You can do the job like this:
1. Go to the ASUS download center and search for the product here.
2. Select the operating system you are using and then you will enter a page where you can find all drivers you can download. You need to find these drivers: ATK, Hotfix, Smart Gesture, and Touchpad/Keyboard.
3. Download them on your computer. Next, you need to access the specified download path. Then, you need to right-click on each driver from ATK, Hotfix, Smart Gesture, and Touchpad/Keyboard one by one and select Run as administrator.
At last, you can reboot your computer to see whether your ASUS keyboard backlight is working.