This post provides some possible fixes to help you solve audio lagging issue on Windows 10. FYI, MiniTool Software offers some useful tools for you incl. MiniTool Power Data Recovery, MiniTool Partition Manager, MiniTool ShadowMaker, MiniTool MovieMaker, etc.
If you find that the audio is lagging in Windows 10, you may try the tips below to fix Windows 10 audio lagging issue.
Fix 1. Run Windows 10 Sound Troubleshooter
- You can press Windows + I, click Update & Security -> Troubleshoot.
- Scroll down in the right window, and click Playing Audio. Click Run the troubleshooter button to find and fix problems with playing sound.
Check how to download and update Dell audio drivers for Windows 10 PC or laptop in this post.
Fix 2. Reinstall Realtek Audio Driver
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc in Run, and click OK to open Device Manager on Windows 10.
- Next you can expand Sound, video, and game controllers category, right-click Realtek HD Audio Device and select Uninstall device to remove Realtek audio driver.
- Restart your computer, and it will automatically reinstall Realteck audio driver.
Fix 3. Reset Audio Playback Device Settings to Defaults
- Right-click the Sound icon at the taskbar and click Sounds.
- Click Playback tab and right-click your audio playback device and select Properties.
- Click Enhancements tab and click Restore Defaults button. Still, click Advanced tab and click Restore Defaults button to reset the audio playback settings to default.
Fix 4. Update Windows 10 OS
You can press Windows + I to open Settings window, click Update & Security -> Recovery. Click Check for updates button to automatically download and install the latest Windows updates in your Windows 10 computer.
Fix 5. Change to Windows Generic Audio Device Driver
If Realtek audio is lagging or the Realtek audio driver is not working in Windows 10, you can change to the generic audio driver that Windows offers.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc in Run, and press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Right-click Realtek HD Audio Device and click Update driver.
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software”, and select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”. Select High Definition Audio Device in the list and this is the generic Windows 10 audio driver. Install the generic driver and check if audio lagging issue is fixed in your Windows 10 computer.
About MiniTool Software
MiniTool Software is a top computer software developing company. It has released several popular programs incl. MiniTool Power Data Recovery, MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool ShadowMaker, MiniTool MovieMaker, MiniTool Video Converter, MiniTool uTube Downloader, etc.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is an easy data recovery program for Windows. You can use it to recover any deleted/lost files from PC, laptop, external hard drive, SSD, USB flash drive, SD card, memory card, etc. in 3 simple steps.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a free disk partition manager for Windows. You can use this program to easily manage hard drive partitions, e.g. create/delete/extend/resize/format/wipe partitions, convert partition format, check and fix disk errors, clone disk, migrate OS, etc.
MiniTool ShadowMaker is a free system backup and restore tool for Windows. You can use this tool to back up Windows OS and restore Windows OS from a backup when needed. You can also use it to select files, folders, partitions or the whole disk content to back up to external hard drive, USB, network drive, etc. Schedule automatic backup and file sync is perfectly supported.
User Comments :Post Comment