If your Samsung Internet keeps opening by itself and shows some messages and mentions that are not specified by yourself, there should be something wrong with your device. You need to take measures to get rid of the issue. In this post, MiniTool Software will show you some methods that are worth trying.
After you update your web browser on your Samsung device, you may find that Samsung Internet keeps opening by itself. The phenomenon is that you always receive some messages and mentions that seems to come from your Samsung Internet.
Maybe you don’t know how to do when the “Internet Security Alert” error message pops up. This post provides information about it and methods to fix it.
Why does Samsung Internet keep popping up? Some users think this issue occurs due to the recently installed application. To solve this issue, some users even installed an ads blocker on their device. But Samsung Internet keeps popping up continues.
The true reason for Samsung Internet pops up randomly is not sure now. But we collect some methods that are proved to be effective to solve this issue. You can try them to help you out.
How to Fix Samsung Internet Keeps Opening By Itself?
- Clear cookies
- Use Safe Mode
- Uninstall third-party apps
- Perform a virus scan
- Modify Samsung Internet Settings
Solution 1: Clear Cookies
- Unlock your Samsung phone or tablet.
- Open the browser you regularly use.
- Tap Menu on the upper-right side.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy and security under Advanced.
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Select the time range like Last hour or All time.
- Only select Cookies and saved website data.
- Tap Clear Data.
- Tap Clear to clear all cookies on your Samsung device.
After these steps, you can go to check whether the Samsung Internet app opens by itself issue disappears.
Solution 2: Use Safe Mode
You can make your Samsung device run into Safe Mode to let it run under a pure environment. No third-party applications run in Safe Mode. So, you can check whether it is an issue that is caused by third-party apps.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see the Power off screen.
- Press and hold the Power off button for a while until you see the Safe Mode icon.
- Tap Safe Mode and then your Samsung device will restart. After that, you will enter Safe Mode.
- Open your web browser to search for something and keeps using it for some time. In the meanwhile, you can check whether the Samsung Internet ads pop up. If there are no ads, the recently installed applications should be the cause of Samsung Internet pops up randomly.
- Press and hold the Power button for a while and then tap Restart.
Solution 3: Uninstall Third-Party Apps
If the recently installed third-party apps cause Samsung Internet to keep opening, you need to find them and uninstall them from your Samsung device.
- You can tap the app icon on the screen for a while and then tap Uninstall to remove it from your device.
- You can also go to Settings > Apps, and then tap UNINSTALL to uninstall the select app.
Solution 4: Perform a Virus Scan
Virus and malware on your Samsung can also cause this issue. So, you need to perform a virus scan to remove the virus and malware from your device. You can install third-party antivirus software to do the job.
Besides, malicious software can also be the cause. You should go to Settings > Apps > Smart Manager > Device security, and then tap SCAN DEVICE to let the tool scan your device. If it finds threats, you need to remove them from your device.
When browsing websites on your Windows computer, you may receive fake Microsoft Warning Alert. This post tells you how to deal with this situation.
Solution 5: Modify Samsung Internet Settings
You can also modify your Samsung Internet settings to block the undesired pop-up ads:
- Launch the Samsung Internet.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Go to Settings > Advanced.
- Tap Sites and downloads.
- Turn on the button for Block pop-ups.
These are the recommended methods to solve Samsung Internet keeps opening by itself. We hope they can solve the issue that bothers you. Should you have any other issues, you can let us know in the comment.