Windows 10 Quick Access is a convenient feature that allows you to quick access to the common-used locations on your computer. If Windows 10 Quick Access not working or slow to open, do you know how to fix it? In this post, MiniTool Software will show you some effective solutions.
What Is the Quick Access in Windows 10?
Windows 10 Quick Access is a customizable area in Windows 10 where you can pin folders from anywhere on your computer. With it, you can create the folder structure in that area according to your own requirements. Then, you can quickly access those folders without only one click.
When you get used to this feature, you will find that your operation to access the commonly used folders will be easier. It enables you to quickly access the locations which you usually used and the ones that you recently used.
What if Windows 10 Quick Access Not Working/Slow?
At times, you may find that Windows 10 Quick Access not working or is broken or slow. To help you solve this issue, we try two methods that are said to be effective. These two methods are:
- Re-enable Windows 10 Quick Access
- Clear the Recent App Data in two folders
- Reset Windows 10 Quick Access with Registry.
If you are bothered by Windows 10 Quick Access slow or Windows 10 Quick Access not working, you can try these two methods one by one to help you out.
Solution 1: Re-enable Windows 10 Quick Access
This is a very simple method. You can follow these steps to re-enable Windows 10 Quick Access:
1. Go to File Explorer > View > Options.
2. Under the General tab, you need to make sure the following two options are unchecked:
- Show recently used files in Quick Access
- Show frequently used folders in Quick Access
3. Click Apply and OK to keep the changes.
4. Go to Folder Options again to check the above two options and then keep the changes.
After re-enabling Windows 10 Quick Access, you can check whether it can work normally. If not, continue to try the next solution.
Solution 2: Delete Recent App Data in Two Folders
To clear recent App data in two folders, you can follow these steps:
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Copy and paste the following folder path to the address bar and press Enter:
3. Select all files in that folder and then delete them.
4. Use the same method to delete all files in the following folder:
At last, you still need to reboot your computer to see whether the Windows 10 Quick Access not working or slow issue is fixed.
If this issue still persists, you need to try the next solution.
Solution 3: Reset Windows 10 Quick Access with Registry
How to reset Windows 10 Quick Access with Registry, you need to use these steps:
Do you know how to back up individual Registry keys Windows 10? Now, this post will show you a step-by-step guidance to do this job.
1. Press the Windows button and the R button at the same time to open Run.
2. Type regedit into the Run box and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
3. Go to the following path:
4. Find QatItems at the left panel and delete it.
Then, you can quit Registry Editor to see whether the Windows 10 Quick Access can work normally.