The Windows Shift S keyboard shortcut lets you capture your computer screen. If you meet Windows Shift S not working error, you can check the 4 tips in this tutorial to fix this issue. MiniTool, a top free software provider, offers you free data recovery software, hard drive partition manager, system backup and restore software, video editor, etc.
You can press Windows + Shift + S keyboard shortcut to capture a part or full computer screen to the clipboard in Windows 10. But sometimes you may find that Windows + Shift + S not working in Windows 10. If you meet this error, you can check the 4 solutions below to fix this problem.
Fix Windows + Shift + S Not Working Windows 10 – 4 Ways
Way 1. Turn on the Clipboard History Switch
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings. And click System.
- Next click Clipboard in the left panel. Scroll down in the right window to find Clipboard history option.
- Make sure the Clipboard history switch is enabled and is in On status.
Way 2. Make Sure Snip & Sketch Is Enabled
- Still, you can press Windows + I to access Settings window. Click System.
- Next click Notifications & actions in the left pane.
- Scroll down in the right window, and find Snip & Sketch. Make sure it is turned on.
Way 3. Reset Snip & Sketch
Snip & Sketch is the successor of the Snipping Tool in Windows 10. You can also try to reset Snip & Sketch to see if it can fix Win Shift S not working error in Windows 10.
- Click Start -> Settings to enter into Windows Settings screen.
- Click Apps -> Apps & features. Click Snip & Sketch in the right window and click Advanced Options link.
- Click Reset button in the pop-up Snip & Sketch window to reset this Windows 10 screen capture tool.
Download Hotspot Shield VPN for Windows 11/10/8/7 PC, Google Chrome, Mac, Android, iOS, TV, router, etc. to use this VPN to access your favorite content online.
Way 4. Reinstall Snip & Sketch
You can also try to uninstall and reinstall Snip & Sketch app from Microsoft Store to see if the Windows Shift S not working issue can be fixed.
- Press Windows + I, and click Apps -> Apps & features.
- Scroll down in the right window to find Snip & Sketch app, and click the Uninstall button to remove it from your Windows 10 computer. If the Uninstall button is grey, you can learn how to uninstall programs with CMD or PowerShell.
- Then you can open Microsoft Store to search the Snip & Sketch app to reinstall it on your Windows 10 computer.
Learn how to download and install Windscribe VPN, a free VPN service, for your Windows or Mac computer, Android or iOS mobile, or Chrome/Firefox/Edge browser.
To Recover Deleted/Lost Photos from Windows 10
If you mistakenly deleted some pictures or lost some precious photos on your Windows 10 computer, you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery to easily recover deleted/lost photos from computer.
Aside from recovering files from Windows computer, you can also use MiniTool Power Data Recovery to easily recover any deleted/lost files from external hard drive, USB drive (pen drive data recovery), SD card (fix my phone SD), etc.
Unless the hard drive is physically damaged or is overwritten by new data, you can use this best data recovery software to retrieve deleted/lost files from those devices. Various data loss situations can be handled.
The operation is extremely simple. You can connect your device to computer and launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery to choose this device to scan, and find needed files to save to a new path or device after the scan process is finished.
You can try one of the 4 ways above to fix Windows Shift S not working in Windows 10. If you have better ideas to fix this issue, you can share with us.