Perhaps, the default search engine you use on new Edge is not the one you like to use. But, you can exchange it to your preferred one. Now, read the guide in this post to learn how to change default search engine on the new Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft’s new Edge browser is based on the Google’s Chromium project. An early build has been released to the public. After using it, you can discover that this new Edge browser and Google Chrome share many same features. However, Microsoft is adding its own changes and features, including Bing as the default search engine.
Microsoft Edge Windows 10 is officially now. Read this post to learn how to download and install it on your Windows 10 device.
Bing can offer you with excellent search experience, it can’t be a search engine preferred by everyone. However, when you are moving from Google Chrome and you want to keep using Google as the default search experience.
Or you want to use something different such as DuckDuckGo, Yahoo, Ask, etc., the Chromium version of Microsoft Edge is a good option since it has an option to set a different search engine and you just need to know how to make such a setting.
Now, in this post, we will show you how to change default search engine on the new released preview Chromium version of Microsoft Edge.
There are 8 effective methods telling you how to recover deleted history on Google Chrome all by yourself.
How to Change Default Search Engine on the New Microsoft Edge
You can follow these steps to change default search engine on Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge (preview) on your computer.
- Load your favorite search engine such as Google.com or DuckDuckGo.com. Then, you can just perform a random search on Microsoft Edge. Here, you do this to populate the option in the settings page.
- Click on the three-dotted menu button which is located at the top-right side of the browser.
- Choose the Settings option from the popup menu.
- Go to Privacy and services > Address bar.
- Unfold the Search engine used in the address bar drop-down menu and choose the default engine you want to use.
After these steps, you will be able to open a new tab and then make search by using the new default search engine.
However, if the search engine you want to use is not in the list, you can add it manually using these steps:
1. Open Microsoft Edge (preview) on your PC.
2. Press the three-dotted menu button the top-right side.
3. Choose Settings.
4. Go to Privacy and services > Address bar.
5. Choose the Manage search engines
6. Choose the Add button from the top-right side.
7. In the small pop-out window, you need to type a descriptive name for the option and a keyword to comply with the requirement.
8. Enter the search engine string. For example, if you want to use Google, the string is http://google.com/search?q=%s; if you want to use DuckDuckGo, the string should be https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%s.
9. Press the Add button to keep the changes.
10. Press the three-dotted button of the search engine and select the Make default
After using these steps, when you open a new query in the address bar, your search will happen with the engine which has been specified by you.
User Comments :Post Comment