How do I check recent activity on my computer? This would be a common question. This post from MiniTool will show you how to see the history of your computer. Besides, you can find more Windows solutions and tips on MiniTool website.
How do I check recent activity on my computer? This would be a common question. Checking recent activity on your computers allows you to see how the devices in your network have been used, allows you to check suspicious activities on your computer, and checks whether there are changes on your files.
So, in this post, we will show you how to see the history of your computer.
This post tells how to delete app usage history, delete all browsing history on Google, Firefox, Edge, IE, etc. in Windows 10/8/7 with step-by-step guide.
How Do I Check Recent Activity on My Computer?
In this section, we will show how to check computer activity history.
Case 1. How to Check Computer Activity History via Event Viewer
First of all, we will show you how to check computer activity history via event viewer.
Now, here is the tutorial.
1. Type Event Viewer in the search box of Windows and choose the best-matched one.
2. In the pop-up window, double-click Windows Logs in the left panel.
3. Then choose System.
4. On the right panel, click Filter Current Log.
5. Click on the Event Source drop-down menu and scroll down until you see Power-troubleshooter.
6. Then check it.
7. Return to Filter Current Log window and click OK to continue.
8. Then you will see all of the times that your computer has been turned on in the center window. If you did not turn on the computer for one of the events listed, someone else may have been using your computer.
Once all steps are finished, you are able to check the computer activity history.
Case 2. How to View Recently Edited Files
Now, how to find computer history? We will show you the second case – view recently edited files. In this part, we will show you how to view recently edited files.
Now, here is the tutorial.
- Press the Windows key and R key together to open the Run dialog.
- Type recent in the box and click OK to continue.
- This will bring up a window that shows all of the files that have been recently edited on your computer.
- You can sort items by the date that they were last modified by click the Date Modified box at the top.
Once all steps are finished, you are able to check the recently modified files on your computer.
Case 3. How to Check Browser Activity on Computer?
Apart from the above two cases, you also need to check browser activities on your computer.
To check browser activity on the computer, here we take Google Chrome as an example. To check recent activities of Google Chrome, you can open the browser and press Ctrl + H keys together to open the browser history.
After that, you can find browser history on the computer.
How do I check recent activity on my computer? This post shows 3 different cases. If you would like to check computer activity history, try the solutions in the above content. If you have any different ideas of how to see the history of your computer, share them in the comment zone.
User Comments :Post Comment