If you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network on Windows 11 and don’t know how to do it, this MiniTool post will be helpful. You can find 4 different methods to set up Wi-Fi on Windows 11 by using 4 tools: the taskbar, the Settings app, Control Panel, and Command Prompt.
Windows 11 has been released to the public on October 5, 2021. Many users should have upgraded their computers to Windows 11 or get a new computer that ships with Windows 11. You may need to set up Wi-Fi on Windows 11. It is very easy to do this. Here are four ways.
How to Connect to Wi-Fi on Windows 11?
- Connect to Wi-Fi on Windows 11 using Taskbar
- Connect to Wi-Fi on Windows 11 using Settings
- Connect to Wi-Fi on Windows 11 using Control Panel
- Connect to Wi-Fi on Windows 11 using Command Prompt
How to Connect to Wi-Fi on Windows 11 Using Taskbar?
Here is how to connect Windows 11 to Wi-Fi via the taskbar:
- Click the network icon on the left side of the taskbar. This will call out the Quick Settings panel on which you can see the wireless icon.
- Click the arrow button next to the wireless icon. Then, you can see the wireless connections that can detect by your device.
- Select the wireless connection you want to connect to.
- You can see the Connect button for that wireless connection. There is a Connect automatically If you want to automatically connect to this Wi-Fi network next time you open your PC, you can select it. Then, click the Connect button.
- Enter the network security key (password).
- Press Next.
How to Connect to Wi-Fi on Windows 11 Using Settings?
Another easy way to connect to a Wi-Fi network on Windows 11 is using the Settings app. You can use these steps to do this:
- Open Settings on Windows 11.
- Click Network & internet from the left panel.
- Click Wi-Fi.
- Click Manage known networks from the right panel.
- Click Add network on the next page.
- Enter your network name.
- Select a security type.
- Enter the security key (password).
- Check Connect automatically or Connect even if this network is not broadcasting or both according to your requirements.
- Click Save.
How to Connect to Wi-Fi on Windows 11 Using Control Panel?
You can also connect to a Wi-Fi network on Windows 11 using Control Panel. Here is how:
- Open Control Panel on Windows 11.
- Click Network and Internet.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Set up a new connection or network link under Change your networking settings.
- Click Manually connect to a wireless network.
- Click Next.
- Enter information for the wireless network you want to add like the network name, security type, and security key.
- Check Start this connection automatically or Check the Connect even if the network is not broadcasting or both based on your requirements.
- Click Next.
- Click Close.
How to Connect to Wi-Fi on Windows 11 Using Command Prompt?
Some advanced users prefer to connect Windows 11 to Wi-Fi using the netsh command-line tool in Command Prompt. Here is a guide:
- Click the search icon in the taskbar and search for command prompt.
- Select Run as administrator.
- Type netsh wlan show profile and press Enter to view all the available network profiles.
- Check the wireless network profile.
- Type netsh wlan connect ssid=YOUR-WIFI-SSID name=PROFILE-NAME and press Enter. This command can connect to the Wi-Fi network on Windows 11.
If your computer has more than one adapters, you also need to specify the adapter name using the command like netsh wlan connect ssid=YOUR-WIFI-SSID name=PROFILE-NAME interface=Wi-Fi.
This post shows you how to recover deleted files in Windows 11 using different methods under various data loss situations.
How to connect to a Wi-Fi network on Windows 11? You can find 4 ways from this post. Just select one as per your wish. Should you have any other issues, you can let us know in the comments.