You can easily create folders/labels in Gmail to categorize various emails you receive. This post introduces how to create a new folder in Gmail and some other email services like Outlook, etc. MiniTool software aims to provide solutions and guides to help users solve various problems like data loss, disk management, computer issues, etc.
Gmail is widely used by many people for sending and receiving emails. To better manage your received emails in Gmail, you can create new folders, namely labels, in Gmail to category your emails into different groups.
For how to create a new folder/label in Gmail, you can check the simple steps below.
Check how to sign in and log into Gmail to use this free email service to send and receive emails. Also learn how to sign up for Gmail and sign out of Gmail.
How to Create a New Folder/Label in Gmail
- You can open Gmail in your browser, and log into your Gmail account.
- In the left pane of Gmail, you can click More, and click Create new label.
- Enter a name for the new label, and click Create button to make a new folder in Gmail.
You can also select any email in your inbox, right-click the email, and select Label as option. Select Create new, and enter a new label name in the pop-up window. Click Create to create a new folder in Gmail.
- Open Gmail app on your mobile phone or tablet. Log into your Gmail account.
- Tap the three-line icon at the top-left corner. Scroll down to tap Create new.
- Next you can type a name for the new label, and tap DONE to add a folder in Gmail.
How to move messages to the new label in Gmail:
You can simply click and drag the email to the preferred label in the left sidebar. You can select multiple emails and drag them to a label.
Alternatively, you can also right-click one email, and click Move to to select the label you want to add the email to. In the menu, you can also click Create new to create a new folder in Gmail and directly move the email to that new folder.
How to delete a folder/label in Gmail:
In your Gmail account page, you can locate the label in the left column. Hover your mouse on the label, and click the three-dot icon to select Remove label from the drop-down menu. Click Delete button to delete the label.
This post introduces everything about Mail app for Windows/Mac. Check how to open, download, use, reset, uninstall, or reinstall Mail app on Windows 10/11 PC.
How to Create Folders in Outlook
How to create a folder in Outlook.com:
- You can log into your Outlook email account in your browser.
- Click Folders in the left panel to expand it, and click New folder link at the bottom.
- Type a name for the new folder, and press Enter to create a new folder in Outlook email service.
How to add a folder in Microsoft Outlook:
Open Microsoft Outlook. Right-click Inbox folder and select New Folder. Type a name for the new folder and press Enter.
To create a folder outside the Inbox folder, you can right-click the account name and select New Folder in the pop-up menu to create a new folder in Outlook.
This post mainly introduces how to create a new folder/label in Gmail to better organize your emails. If you use Outlook, it also includes a guide for how to create folders in Outlook.