If you want to stop using Spotify and want to delete or close Spotify account, you can do this by going to Spotify website in web browser. Spotify app doesn’t have the option to delete Spotify account. Check the detailed guide in this tutorial. To recover deleted/lost music files or convert audio files, MiniTool software offers professional tools.
How to Delete Spotify Account Overview
- Spotify desktop or mobile app doesn’t have the option to delete your Spotify account.
- You can only go to the official Spotify website in one of your web browsers to close your Spotify account.
- If you have a Spotify Premium subscription, you should cancel the Premium subscription before you can delete your Spotify account.
- After you delete your Spotify account permanently, then your playlists, personal data, followers, etc. will lose.
How to Delete Spotify Account – 6 Steps
If you have another preferred music service and don’t want to use Spotify anymore, you can delete the account and erase your personal data. Check how to close Spotify account in web browser below.
Step 1. Go to Spotify “Contact Customer Support” webpage in your browser. And log into your Spotify account.
Step 2. Next you can click Account option under Please select a category. This will open your Spotify account settings.
Step 3. Then you can click I want to close my account permanently option. And click Close Account button in the next page.
Step 4. Click Close Account button again, and click Continue button.
Step 5. Click I understand and click Continue again to close Spotify account.
Step 6. Click Close My Account to confirm you want to close your Spotify account.
Check the step-by-step guide for how to change Spotify password or reset Spotify password.
How to Delete Spotify Account – Verdict
- After deleting your Spotify account, you have 7 days to reactivate your account if you change your mind.
- When you close your account, you’ll lose your saved music, podcasts, playlists, and followers.
- You ca create a new Spotify account in future with the same email.
- However, your username can’t be used again with Spotify.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium Subscription
You can only cancel your Spotify Premium subscription using web browser, but not the Spotify desktop or mobile app.
- Go to https://www.spotify.com/ website in your web browser. Log into your Spotify account.
- Click Profile at the top-right corner of the page, and click Account.
- Next click Manage Plan below Spotify Premium.
- Click CHANGE OR CANCEL button, and click CANCEL PREMIUM under Change Plans.
- Click YES, CANCEL button to cancel your Premium subscription.
Detailed guide for how to enable Spotify private session if you don’t want your followers to see what you are listening to on Spotify.
MiniTool software is a leading computer software producer that designs various computer software for users. Below are some flag products from this company.
MiniTool Video Converter – allow you to convert various video and audio formats. Support 1000+ formats. Fast conversion speed and high quality. 100% free and clean.
MiniTool MovieMaker – edit video like trim, split, add effect/transition/subtitle/background music. Export video to MP4 and other popular formats.
MiniTool uTube Downloader – free download YouTube videos in MP4, WebM, MP3, WAV for offline playback.
MiniTool Partition Wizard – manage disk partitions like create/delete/extend/resize/format/wipe partitions. Convert partition format, check and fix disk errors.
MiniTool ShadowMaker – back up data, backup and restore Windows system, file sync, clone disk, etc.