The Bluetooth feature of your Windows 10 is an exciting feature. You can use this feature to pair your mouse, keyboard, phone, speaker, and other Bluetooth-compatible devices to your computer wirelessly. Do you know how to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10? In this post, MiniTool Software will show you two guides.
Perhaps you have a Bluetooth-capable mouse, keyboard, phone, or speaker, and you want to connect these devices to your computer via Bluetooth. To do this, your computer should have Bluetooth. Usually, laptops and tablets should have built-in Bluetooth. If your computer doesn’t have Bluetooth, you need to plug a USB Bluetooth adapter via the USB port on your device to get one.
How to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10? In this post, we will show you two guides.
How Do I Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10?
Before you start, you need to make sure that your computer supports Bluetooth. Then, you can turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 via Settings or Action Center.
How to Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10?
- Use Settings
- Use Action Center
Here is how to enable Bluetooth on Windows 10 using these two methods:
- Click Start.
- Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Turn on the button for Bluetooth.
Via Action Center
- Click Action Center (it is like a comment bubble that is on the right side of the data in the Taskbar).
- Click the All Settings option from the pop-up menu to continue.
- Go to Devices > Bluetooth & other devices to turn on Bluetooth.
If you can’t find Bluetooth in the Action Center, you may need to expand quick actions or add Bluetooth to your Action Center.
1. Expand quick actions
You need to click Action Center and then click Expand to make it show all quick actions.
2. Add Bluetooth to Action Center
You can also manually add Bluetooth to the Action Center. You can go to Start > Settings > Notification & actions > Edit your quick actions to add Bluetooth to the quick actions section.
How to Use Bluetooth on Windows 10?
After enabling Bluetooth on your Windows 10 computer, you can pair your Bluetooth device to your computer.
How to Pair a Bluetooth Headset, Speaker, or Other Audio Device
1. Turn on your audio device and make it discoverable.
2. On your computer, you need to go to Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth.
3. Select the device you want to pair and follow the pop-up instructions to complete the settings.
4. Click Done.
After this setting, your two devices will automatically connect when they are in the range of each other as long as the Bluetooth feature is turned on.
How to Pair a Bluetooth Keyboard, Mouse, or Other Device?
- Turn on your keyboard, mouse, or other device, and make it discoverable.
- On your computer, you need to go to Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth.
- Select the device you want to pair and follow the pop-up instructions to complete the settings.
- Click Done.
How to Pair a Bluetooth Printer or Scanner?
- Turn on your printer or scanner, and make it discoverable.
- On your computer, you need to go to Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners > Add a printer or scanner.
- When your computer finds the printer or scanner you want to use, select it and click Add device.
How to Pair a Bluetooth Device via Swift Pair?
You can also use Swift Pair to quickly pair a supported Bluetooth device with your Windows 10 computer. You will receive a notification when your Bluetooth device is nearby. Then you can put it into the paring mode to make it discoverable.
- Turn on your device and make it discoverable.
- Click Yes from the pop-up interface.
- Click Connect from the pop-up notification.
- When it is connected, click Close.
How to Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 8.1?
If you are running Windows 8.1, you can follow this guide to turn on Bluetooth and pair a device with your computer:
- Turn on your Bluetooth device and male it discoverable.
- Click Start and then type Bluetooth. Then select Bluetooth settings from the list.
- Turn on Bluetooth and then select the Bluetooth device to pair.
- Follow the rest guides to finish the pairing process.
How to Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 7?
If you are still using Windows 7, you can follow this guide to turn on Bluetooth on your computer. But you should know that Windows 7 is end of life and it no longer receives updates from Microsoft. You should pay attention to the malware issue.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device and make it discoverable.
- Go to Start > Devices and Printers > Add a device.
- Select the target Bluetooth device and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the job.
Reading here, you should know how to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10/8.1/7.
Bonus: A Free Data Recovery Software
When using your computer or other data storage device, you may lose your data by mistake. If so, you can use a free file recovery tool to get your data back. You can try MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
This software has a trial edition. You can use it to scan the drive you want to recover data from and then check whether it can find the files you want to recover. If you want to recover all the found files, you can use a full edition of this software to do the job.
This software can work in various situations. The following two articles show you some common cases: