This article expounded by MiniTool Software Limited mainly teaches you where to download the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver (SST) for Windows 11/10 and how to deal with the driver not working issue.
Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) is an integrated audio digital signal processor (DSP) built to handle audio, sound, voice, as well as speech interactions. It enables the latest Intel Core and Intel Atom processor-based computers to respond to your voice command quickly and provides high fidelity audio without impacting OS performance and battery life.
Intel Smart Sound Technology OED Driver Download
In the first place, let’s see where to download the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver for Windows 11.
#1 Intel Official Website
Of course, the preferred location is from the Intel official website.
- Version: 10.29.00.6367
- Size: 338.3 MB
- Release date: January 28, 2022
- Support OS: Windows 11 and Windows 10 64 bit
- Intel® NUC 11 Compute Element CM11EBC4W
- Intel® NUC 11 Compute Element CM11EBi38W
- Intel® NUC 11 Compute Element CM11EBi58W
- Intel® NUC 11 Compute Element CM11EBi716W
- Intel® NUC 11 Compute Element CM11EBv58W
- Intel® NUC 11 Compute Element CM11EBv716W
Where to download Canon printer drivers for Windows 11? What Canon printers are compatible with Windows 11? How to fix Canon printer and driver problems?
#2 Lenovo Official Web Page
Secondly, you can get the Win11 Intel Smart Sound Technology driver provided by Lenovo.
- Version: 10.29.00.6376
- Size: 98.99 MB
- Release date: January 25, 2022
- Support OS: Windows 11 (64-bit)
- Legion 5 Pro-16ITH6
- Legion 5 Pro-16ITH6H
- Legion 5-15ITH6
- Legion 5-15ITH6H
- Legion 5-17ITH6
- Legion 5-17ITH6H
- Version: 10.29.0.5938
- Size: 98.71 MB
- Release date: September 23, 2021
- Support OS: Windows 11 (64 bit)
- Support product: IdeaPad 5 Pro-16IHU6
No audio device is installed. No output devices found. No input devices found. How to solve such type of problem? Here are more than five methods.
#3 Windows Update
The Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (SST) OED driver will be automatically downloaded together with the Microsoft Windows Update and it will be listed in the Windows update history as Intel Corporation – System – 184.108.40.20653. This driver update is for Surface Book system devices.
Fix Intel Smart Sound Technology Cannot Start
Sometimes, you may encounter that Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED has a driver problem related to Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) audio controller like Intel Smart Sound Technology microphone not working or not starting. The following are some workable methods to deal with the errors.
#1 Update Intel Driver
First of all, the most common way is to update the drivers manufactured by Intel.
- Launch Windows 11 Device Manager.
- Unfold Audio inputs and outputs.
- Find your microphone device, right-click on it and select Update driver.
- Follow the onscreen instruction to complete the task.
You may also need to update your Speakers driver and the drivers under Sound, video and game controllers section.
Or, you can make use of an official or a third-party Windows 11 driver update tool to help you update the target device drivers.
#2 Reinstall Intel Smart Sound Technology Driver Windows 11
In the second place, you can try to remove and regain the Intel Smart Sound Technology OED driver to handle Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB audio driver not working issue.
Similarly, go to Win 11 Device Manager to find the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED, right-click on it, and choose Uninstall device. Then, restart your computer and your operating system will automatically reinstall the deleted driver for you.
#3 Switch to Realtek HD Audio Driver
Sometimes, it is not enough to just install the generic driver. If you are running a Dell or Lenovo laptop, you may need to get the custom sound driver.
Or, you can directly turn to a replacement of the Intel driver produced by Realtek. To do that, firstly, uninstall the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED driver.
1. Find Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED in Device Manager, right-click on it, and click Uninstall Device.
2. In the new popup, check Attempt to remove the driver for this device.
3. Click Uninstall.
4. Do not restart your PC.
6. Install the downloaded Realtek HD sound driver.
7. Restart the machine.
#4 Install Intel Media Driver
If you are still suffering from Intel Smart Sound Technology driver error, it might due to the lack of an optional driver for Intel SST. It was said that certain computer configurations require an additional driver dependency installed together with the main driver. That extra driver is the Intel Corporation MEDIA driver.
Just visit the Microsoft update catalog page to download the latest version of the Intel MEDIA driver. You need to download the driver for the regular version of Windows instead of the S versions unless you are using Windows 11 S mode.
After downloading, extract the package, right-click on the IntcOED.inf file and install it. when it is successfully installed. Reboot your computer to see whether it solves the problem or not.
#5 Replace the Driver with HD Audio Controller
If none of the above solutions work, the last method you can try is to make Windows installation disregard the current driver and take advantage of the generic High Definition Audio Controller driver.
1. Right-click Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED and choose Update driver.
2. Next, select Browse my computer for drivers.
3. Next, choose Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
4. Then, keep the Show compatible hardware box checked and double-click on High Definition Audio Controller to install it.
5. Reboot the PC.
Finally, check out whether your sound and audio devices can work properly or not.
Windows 11 Assistant Software Recommended
The new and powerful Windows 11 will bring you many benefits. At the same time, it will also bring you some unexpected damages such as data loss. Thus, it is strongly recommended that you back up your crucial files before or after upgrading to Win11 with a robust and reliable program like MiniTool ShadowMaker, which will assist you to protect your increasing data automatically on schedules!