This article explains what LinkedIn Private Mode is, how to turn on private mode in LinkedIn to browse others’ profiles in private. To find more computer tutorials, you can go to MiniTool Software official website.
How to view someone’s profile on LinkedIn anonymously? You can turn on LinkedIn Private Mode. Check how to enable private mode on LinkedIn to browse other members’ profiles in private below.
What Is LinkedIn Private Mode?
LinkedIn Private Mode can hide your activities and help you stay anonymous when you visit others’ LinkedIn profiles.
When you visit the profile of a person in private mode, you will appear as an Anonymous LinkedIn Member in that person’s “Who’s viewed your profile” section. That person can’t see other profile information about you.
LinkedIn Private Mode is available for all LinkedIn users. To enable private mode on LinkedIn, you can check the step-by-step guide below.
How to Turn On LinkedIn Private Mode
- Go to LinkedIn website and log into your LinkedIn account.
- Click your profile Me icon at the top-right corner and click Settings & Privacy under Account.
- Click Visibility and click Visibility of you profile & network in the left panel.
- In the right window, click Change button next to Profile viewing options.
- Select what others see when you’ve viewed their profile. It chooses Your name and headline by default. You can choose Private mode option to turn on LinkedIn Private Mode. You can also choose Private profile characteristics option to turn semi-private mode on LinkedIn. This mode lets others see your profile characteristics like job title, industry, etc. Your changes will be automatically saved.
If you want to turn off Private Mode on LinkedIn in the future, you can follow the same steps above and choose Your name and headline option.
LinkedIn Private Mode for Different LinkedIn Accounts
Different types of LinkedIn accounts enjoy different benefits of the Private Mode feature.
For LinkedIn Free account, if you turn on private mode on LinkedIn, the person you viewed won’t see your profile, but you also won’t be able to see who viewed your profile either.
For LinkedIn Premium account, you can still see who browsed your profile in the last 90 days if you turned on LinkedIn Private Mode. However, you can’t see the profile of a private mode viewer of your profile.
Detailed guide for how to deactivate LinkedIn account temporarily or how to delete your LinkedIn account permanently.
How to View in Private Mode on LinkedIn on Mobile
If you use LinkedIn on your mobile phone, you can check below for how to turn on LinkedIn private mode on mobile.
- Open LinkedIn app on your phone. Log into your account.
- Tap your profile icon in the top-left corner and tap Settings.
- Find and tap Visibility and tap Profile viewing options.
- Select Private mode to enable LinkedIn Private Mode to keep anonymous when viewing other people’s profiles.
Now you should know how to turn on private mode on LinkedIn to browse others’ profiles in private.
For more computer tips and tricks, you can visit MiniTool website.
MiniTool Software is a top software provider that provides professional data recovery programs, disk partition management tools, system backup and restore software, screen recorder, video converter, video download, movie maker software, etc. You can go to its official website to download these free tools.