In most cases, documents can be printed easily. However, in some cases, the computer encountered an error when communicating with the printer. One of the possible errors you may see is the PCL XL error. Now, read this post from MiniTool to get rid of it.
When you try to send multiple documents for printing, the PCL XL error may appear. One of the main reasons for this problem is that the printer driver is corrupted. Now, please continue based on the following solutions to fix the error.
If you delee the “Microsoft Print to PDF” option by mistake, this post provides 5 ways for you to help you fix the “Microsoft Print to PDF missin” issue.
Solution 1: Rename the Files Associated with Your Printer
First, you can try to rename the files associated with your printer to get rid of the issue. This method is proved to be useful. Follow the instructions below:
1. Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys at the same time.
2. Navigate to this location - C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3.
3. Then, filter the files to show only the ones with the .GPD extension.
4. Change the file’s name and save the changes. Then, you need to restart your PC to check if the PCL XL error HP printer still exists.
Solution 2: Update the Printer Driver
If the PCL XL error still appears, you can also try updating the printer driver. Here is how to do that:
1. Right-click the Start menu and then select the Device Manager option.
2. Expand Print queues, right-click the printer that is causing trouble and choose the Update driver option.
3. There are two available methods to upgrade your driver. The first one is to let Windows look for a driver from the Windows update service, and the second one is to use a new driver that you have downloaded from the website. Follow the instructions to finish upgrading the driver.
Then, you can restart your computer and check to see if the error has been fixed.
Solution 3: Change the Printing Settings
If the PCL XL error has not been fixed, you can try changing the printing settings. The steps are as follows:
1. Type control panel in the Search box and choose the best match result yo open the application.
2. Navigate to the Devices and Printers part and click it.
3. Right-click the printer affected by the PCL XL error. Select Printing Preferences from the options.
4. Go to the Advanced tab and change Send True Type as Bitmap to Enabled. Then, set TrueType Fond to Download as Softfont.
5. At last, click the Apply button and the OK button to save the changes.
Now, you need to restart your computer and your printer. Then, try printing the document again to see if the PCL XL error is gone.
To sum up, this post shows 3 ways to fix the PCL XL error when printing. If you have come across the same issue, try these solutions. If you have any better solution to fix the PCL XL error, you can share it in the comment zone.