Have you ever heard of the iXpand Flash Drive Go? In fact, it is a USB drive designed and released by SanDisk to mainly free up space for iPhone and iPad. In addition, it is able to help users back up data including photos, contacts, and videos at fixed periods.
You can go to the home page to get tools for data recovery and disk management.
Find the internal storage of your iPhone and iPad about to run out? Most users’ response at this time would be deleting photos and videos saved on the devices. However, what if the files are all important? You definitely need a solution to expand your storage.
The iXpand Flash Drive Go released by SanDisk is a good choice. You can get more space for your iPhone (iPad) instantly the moment when you connect the SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive to it. What’s more exciting? This SanDisk flash drive is able to help you backup iPhone data automatically, saving a lot of unnecessary trouble. Here, I’d like to introduce it to you in detail.
SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Go Review
In the past years, the iXpand lineup provides us with many practical tools, such as battery cases, and wireless storage nodes. Not long ago, the iXpand lineup welcomed a new family member: the iXpand Flash Drive Go. Two of the main functions of it are:
- It is a wonderful flash drive to get more space on iPhone.
- It is a wonderful backup tool for your photos, videos and contacts.
Capacity & Style
The SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive provides users with 4 choices in terms of capacity: they are 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. What's more eye-catching is that it offers two different styles for users to choose: loop style and swivel style.
And the price of this SanDisk flash drive varies according to capacity and style.
Prices for different capacities and styles:
- 32GB: only the loop style has this capacity model; its price on Amazon is now $22.99.
- 64GB: also, only the loop style has a 64GB capacity choice and its price is $33.49 (enjoys a $2.71 discount).
- 128GB: both the loop style and swivel style give support for 128GB capacity model, but the prices are different. The loop style is sold at $45.99, while the swivel style is sold at $49.99 (enjoys a $10.00 discount).
- 256GB: also, the prices of flash drive in loop style and swivel style are different for the 256GB capacity model. The loop style is sold at $73.99, while the swivel style is sold at $74.99 (enjoys a $15.00 discount).
Interface & Compatibility
The SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Go is very small; it’s only 1/3 the size of the popular drives and designed with full metal and a rotating cap.
- The high-speed USB 3.0 connector adopted in the iXpand flash drive can help you transfer files between computer and iXpand drive quickly.
- Besides, it also has a Lightning port used to connect to iPhone or iPad.
The SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive can be supported by a series of models: iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro, iPad with Retina display, iPod 5th Generation and newer.
One thing you should know is that the devices must run iOS 10.0.2 or higher OS.
If you don’t want your photos and videos to lose, you should connect the iXpand Flash Drive Go to your iPhone and let it back up the latest data (including photos, videos and contacts) for you automatically. Of course, you need to set up the automatic backup within app settings in advance; the app is called SanDisk iXpand™ Drive.
What’s more? The SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive allows you to protect your files and photos with password across different platforms, such as iPhone, PC and Mac computers.
Another highlight of the product is that you can shoot videos directly onto the iXpand Drive so as to free up space on your phone. Also, it provides a 2-year manufacturer warranty like other flash drives.