If you want to use your camera on your app to make video calls, you need to make sure that the camera access to that app is turned on. But do you know how to turn on app permissions for your camera on Windows 10 and Mac? In this post, MiniTool Software will show you some guides.
You can use your camera on your Windows 10 or Mac computer to communicate with others. For example, you can use it on Discord or Google Meet to make video calls. You can also use your camera on other apps for communication.
However, the camera access to the app you want to use may not be enabled by default. If you can’t use your camera, you need to enable the camera access for that app. Do you know how to turn on app permissions for your camera on Windows or Mac? If you have no idea, this post is helpful.
This post shows you the main reasons for webcam not working on Windows 10 and how to fix this issue using different and effective methods.
In the following part, we will show you how to enable camera access for any apps on your computer.
How to Allow Access to the Camera on Windows 10?
You can turn on the access to your camera via the Settings app on your Windows 10 computer.
Here is a guide:
1. Click Start (the Windows icon on the bottom-left corner of the screen).
2. Go to Settings > Privacy > Camera.
3. You need to check whether the camera access to this device is ON. If not, you need to click the Change button and then switch on the button for it. Then, you can discover that you can manage the following options.
4. Scroll down to the Allow apps to access your camera section and make sure the button for it is turned on.
5. In the Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your camera section, you can find the apps you want to turn on your camera access and turn on the button for it. In this section, you can only find the app you get from the Microsoft Store. If you want to turn off the camera access for an app, you need to turn the button off.
6. If your app comes from other sources like the internet, a USB drive, or a disc, you need to scroll down to the Allow desktop apps to access your camera section and make sure its button is enabled. Some video conferencing apps, like Microsoft Teams, are desktops apps need you to turn on this button. If you are not sure, you can combine the operation with the previous step.
This post shows you what you can do if you can’t use the camera on your computer due to the camera is being used by another application.
How to Allow Access to the Camera on Mac?
It is also very easy to turn on app permissions to your camera on your Mac computer:
- Click the Apple menu.
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy.
- Select Camera from the left list.
- On the right section of the interface, you can see the app you can allow access to your camera. You can select the one(s) you want to use with your camera to enable the usage of your camera.
These are the guides on turn on app permissions for camera on Windows 10 and Mac. We hope they are helpful to you. If you have some other related issues, you can let us know in the comments.