You can directly download many commonly-used apps from Microsoft Store. However, apps from Windows Store are stored in a specified location. Where are Windows Store apps installed? How to access the Windows 11/10 Store apps location? MiniTool Software will show you the answers in this post. Besides, you can want to recover data on Windows 11/10, you can try MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
Where Are Windows Store Apps Installed on Windows 11/10?
Microsoft has updated the Microsoft Store app (you can also call it Windows Store) on Windows 11/10. More and more apps have been added to Windows Store. It is safe to download and install your needed apps from Microsoft Store. At times, you may want to know the Windows 11/10 Store apps location to perform some operations. Well then, where are Microsoft Store apps installed or where does Windows 11/10 install apps?
Where does Microsoft Store install games? Where are Steam games stored? In this post, we will mainly talk about the Windows 10 game location issue.
The apps installed from Microsoft Store are saved to a folder in drive C. The specified location is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. However, this folder is a hidden folder on your computer. That is, you need to show hidden folders on your Windows 11/10 computer and then you can see the WindowsApps folder in drive C. Besides, you can’t directly open this folder. You must have Read permissions to view this folder.
Where are Windows Store apps installed? Quick Answer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.
How to Access the WindowsApps Folder in Drive C?
In this part, we will show you how to open the WindowsApps folder in drive C to view the apps installed from Microsoft Store.
Step 1: Show Hidden Files and Folders on Windows 11/10
Show hidden files and folders on Windows 11
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Click the 3-dot menu on the top toolbar and select Options.
3. The Folder Options interface pops up. Then, you need to switch to the View tab.
4. Under Hidden files and folders, you need to make sure that the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option is selected.
5. Click Apply.
6. Click OK.
Show hidden files and folders on Windows 10
- Open File Explorer.
- From the top toolbar, go to View > Options > Change folder and search options.
- Switch to the View tab.
- Select Show hidden files, folders, and drives under Hidden files and folders in the Advanced settings
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Have you ever encountered Windows 10 show hidden files not working issue? Some solutions and files recovery tips are introduced here to deal with it.
Step 2: Gain the Read Permissions to Open the WindowsApps Folder
After showing hidden files and folders in File Explorer, you can go to the Windows 11/10 Store apps location (that is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps). You can see that you can only access the Program Files folder. When you click the WindowsApp folder, you will see an interface pops up, saying You don’t currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder.
Now, we will show you how to obtain the permissions to open this folder.
1. Click the Continue button.
2. On the next interface, click the security tab link to continue.
3. WindowsApps Properties interface pops up. Switch to the Security tab and click the Advanced button to continue.
4. Click the Change link to continue.
5. Click Advanced on the next interface.
6. Click Find Now.
7. Select the user name you want to permit to open the WindowsApp folder.
8. Click OK.
9. Click Apply.
10. Click OK.
11. Click OK.
12. Close File Explorer. Then, go to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. This time, you should open the WindowsApps folder successfully.
Tip: Recover Your Data on Windows 11/10
If your files or folders get lost by mistake on Windows 11/10, you use the free file recovery tool, MiniTool Power Data Recovery, to get them back. This software is specially designed to rescue your lost and deleted files from different kinds of data storage devices.
This post shows you how to recover deleted files in Windows 11 using different methods under various data loss situations.
Where are Windows Store apps installed? After reading this post, you should know the answer. You can also use the method mentioned in this post to access that folder to see the details in it. Should you have other related issues, you can let us know in the comments.