When you try to provision Windows 11/10, you need the corresponding version of Windows ADK (Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit) to help you finish the task. This post from MiniTool teaches you how to download and install Windows ADK.
What Is Windows ADK
What is Windows ADK? Windows ADK is the abbreviation of Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit. The Windows ADK was originally introduced in Windows Vista and has been available in the latest Windows operating system versions ever since.
Windows ADK is a set of tools that can be used to prepare, assess, and launch large-scale image-based Windows deployments. These tools are also used to test the quality and performance of the operating system and the applications.
Windows 10 ADK can be deployed on many devices, such as desktops, laptops, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Windows ADK toolkit is available for platforms that can be used with both screened and screenless devices.
How to download Microsoft Silverlight on your Windows? How to install it for use? Find the answer from this post now. Keep on your reading.
When you download and install Windows ADK, there are other tools you can choose:
- Windows Performance Toolkit
- Windows Assessment Toolkit
- Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE)
- Application Compatibility Tools
- Deployment Tools
- Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD)
- Configuration Designer
- User State Migration Tool (USMT)
- Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V)
- Application Virtualization Sequencer (App-V)
- Microsoft Application Virtualization Auto Sequencer
How to Download Windows ADK for Windows 11/10
Windows ADK has two formats – one is for Windows 11/10 Insider Preview users and the other one is public and all users can download it via the Windows ADK page on Microsoft’s website according to their operating system version.
1. Starting with Windows 10 version 1809, the Windows Preinstallation Environment (PE) is released separately from the ADK.
2. Starting with ADK version 22H2 for Windows 11, the 32-bit version of Windows PE is no longer included in the Windows PE add-in.
3. The last supported 32-bit version of Windows PE is available in the Windows PE Add-in for Windows 10, version 2004.
How to download Windows ADK? You can download it from the following sheets based on your operating system version.
|Windows Version||Download Link|
|Windows 10 version 2004|
|Windows 10 version 1903|
|Windows 10 version 1809|
|Windows 10 version 1803||Windows ADK Windows 10 version 1803|
|Windows 10 version 1703||Windows ADK Windows 10 version 1703|
|Windows 10 version 1603||Windows ADK Windows 10 version 1603|
This post is a guide about SQL Server 2019 downloading and installing on Windows 11/10/8/7. If you need to do that, you can refer to this post.
How to Install Windows ADK for Windows 11/10
After downloading Windows ADK, you need to install Windows ADK for Windows 11/10. This part introduces how to do that:
Step 1: Find the Windows ADK exe file and double-click it to start the installation.
Step 2: There are 2 options for you to install ADK:
- Install Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit on this computer
- Download the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit for installation on a separate computer
Step 3: Select the second option to download Windows ADK offline.
Step 4: On the Windows kits privacy page, click Yes to allow Microsoft to collect insights for the Windows Kits.
Step 5: Accept the license agreement and click Next. Then, it will start the installation.