Have you encountered the “Windows Server 2019 slow file sharing” issue when you transfer large files? Here, we provide 5 solutions. Now, continue to read this post from MiniTool to get more details.
If multiple computers are on the same LAN, file sharing is usually set up to share resources, facilitate information transmission, and improve work efficiency. However, some users report that they meet the “Windows Server 2019 slow file sharing” issue.
There are some possible reasons for the issue such as computer processor, memory size, hard drive read/write speed, remaining hard drive space, etc. Now, let’s see how to get rid of the issue.
When you use Windows 11 Pro 22H2 to transfer files to the NAS server, you may meet the Windows 11 Pro 22H2 slow SMB download issue. Here are the fixes.
Fix 1: Disable Large Send Offload
Large Send Offload is a technology that improves network performance while reducing CPU overhead. You had better disable it to fix the “Windows Server 2019 slow file sharing” issue. Here is how to do that:
1. Open Device Manager. Then, go to Network Adapters.
2. Under the Advanced tab, select Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4) and set the value to Disabled.
Fix 2: Disable NetAdapterRSC
Follow the steps below to disable NetAdapterRsc on Windows Server 2019 to fix the “Windows Server 2019 slow file sharing” issue.
1. Run Windows PowerShell as an administrator.
2. Check if AdapterRSC is enabled. You should type GetNetAdapterRSC and press the Enter key. True=Enabled and False =Disable.
3. If it is True, type the code disable-netadapterrsc to disable AdapterRSC.
4. Check again to confirm that is successfully disabled using the code GetNetAdapterRSC.
Fix 3: Try the File Share Tool
You can find the previous method is a little bit difficult, you can use an easier method. To transfer big files from PC to PC, you can take advantage of programs. Thus, we will show you how to send big files for free.
You can use the Server backup software – MiniTool ShadowMaker to send large files at a fast speed. MiniTool ShadowMaker enables you to transfer big files free from PC to PC with the IP address. This tool supports Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012 and Windows 11/10/8/7.
1. Download MiniTool ShadowMaker by clicking the following button.
2. Launch it and click Keep Trial. Then, go to the Sync interface.
3. Click Source to choose items that you want to transfer and click OK.
4. Under the DESTINATION tab, there are four paths available: Administrator, Libraries, Computer, and Shared.
To sync files to another PC, choose Shared, type Path, User name, and Password in sequence, and click OK to finish.
5. Click Sync Now to start synchronization. This will take a few minutes.
This post provides 3 ways to get rid of the “slow file sharing on Windows Server 2019” issue. You can try them one by one to fix the issue. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us via [email protected].