Check how to repair corrupted F4V video files on Windows or Mac computer in this tutorial. If you need a free video repair tool, a free data recovery tool, a free video converter, a free movie maker & video editor, you can find all of them from MiniTool Software website.
If you have an F4V video file that is corrupted and unplayable, you can check how to repair the corrupted F4V video file on Windows or Mac computer by using some professional video repair tools below.
Free Method to Repair Corrupt F4V Video on Windows
If you use a Windows computer, you can try the free video repair tool for Windows – MiniTool Video Repair – to easily repair the corrupted F4V video file.
MiniTool Video Repair can do the following:
- Repair corrupted MP4, MOV, M4V, F4V videos, etc. on Windows.
- Let you add multiple videos and repair them in batch.
- The Advanced Repair feature helps you repair severely damaged videos.
- Repair corrupted video from any device like GoPro, Sony, Canon, Panasonic cameras, DJI drones, USB flash drive, memory card, HDD, etc.
- Fix various video corruptions that cause the video unplayable.
- Let you preview the repair video file before you save it.
- 100% clean and free, with no ads. Simple to operate.
Download and install MiniTool Video Repair on your Windows computer and check the simple guide below for how to repair corrupted F4V video files.
- Launch MiniTool Video Repair.
- Click Add video(s) and start repairing icon in the middle. Find and select the target corrupted F4V video file, and click Open to load it into the program.
- Click Repair button and the software will start repairing the video automatically.
- If the software successfully repairs the video, you can click Preview icon to play the video to see if it is good or click Save button to choose a place to save it. If the software fails to repair the video, you can continue to click Advanced Repair Then you can add a sample video of the same format and MiniTool Video Repair will try to repair the F4V video again.
If the video still failed to repair, you can click the three-line menu icon at the top-right corner of the software and select Feedback. You can fill the form to send us feedback to tell us your issues. Alternatively, you can contact our support team: [email protected].
How to Repair Corrupted F4V Video Files on Mac
If you use a Mac computer, you can use a free video repair tool that is compatible with the Mac platform.
Stellar Data Recovery for Mac is a multi-function tool that combines data recovery, video repair, photo repair, and many other functions.
You can use Stellar Data Recovery for Mac to:
- Repair corrupted video files. Various video formats are supported.
- Repair corrupted/damaged photos.
- Review repaired videos/photos before saving.
- Recover permanently deleted or lost files, photos, videos, audios, emails, etc. from Mac-compatible devices include Mac computers, HDDs, SDDs, USB flash drives, SD cards, etc.
- Recover lost data from various data loss situations.
- Create a bootable recovery USB drive to recover data from crashed Macs.
- Create an image of a drive that has bad sectors. Monitor hard drive performance and health. Clone disk.
Download and install Stellar Data Recovery for Mac on your Mac computer and check how to use it to repair corrupted F4V video files and recover deleted/lost files below.
- Launch Stellar Data Recovery for Mac.
- Click More tools icon at the top-right corner of the main UI and select Video Repair to open the Video Repair window.
- Click Add File icon in the middle and select the corrupted F4V video file to load it into the program.
- Click Repair button and the software will begin repairing the F4V video automatically.
- If the software repaired the video successfully, you can preview or save the video. If the software failed to repair the F4V video, you can click Advance Repair Then you can add a sample video of F4V format and repair the video again.
How to recover deleted/lost data:
- Launch Stellar Data Recovery for Mac.
- On the main interface, select what type of data you want to recover. You can select Recover Everything or select Documents, Videos, Audio, Photos, or Emails. After selection, click Next.
- Continue to select which drive/device you want to scan, and click Scan The software will start scanning the chosen device.
- After the scan, find needed files from the scan result, check them, and click Recover Choose a new place to store the recovered files.
Free Way to Convert F4V to MP4 for Easy Playback
If you can’t play the F4V video file, one reason is the video is corrupted, another reason is the video format is not supported by the video player. You can use a popular free video converter program to easily convert F4V to MP4.
MiniTool Video Converter is a 100% clean and free tool that combines three functions into one. Its Video Convert module lets you convert any video or audio file from one format to another format. Its Screen Record module lets you record any area on your Windows computer screen and record with audio optionally. Its Video Download module allows you to download YouTube videos for offline playback.
Check the simple guide for how to use MiniTool Video Converter to convert F4V to MP4.
- Launch MiniTool Video Converter.
- Under the Video Convert module, click + icon in the middle. Select the source F4V video to load into the program.
- Click the Edit icon under Target section to open the output window. Click Video tab, choose MP4 and select a resolution as the output.
- Click Convert button and the software will automatically convert F4V to MP4 at a fast speed.
- When it finishes conversion, click Converted tab and click Show in folder to check the converted video file.
Free Way to Recover Deleted/Lost M4V Videos on Windows
If you mistakenly deleted some videos, photos, or any other files from your computer, USB, etc. you can use a data recovery program to easily recover the deleted files.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery, a professional data recovery program for Windows, lets you recover any deleted or lost files, photos, videos, etc. from Windows PC or laptop, external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card, SSD, etc. This program helps you recover data from different data loss situations like system crashes, malware/virus infection, hard drive corruption or failure, etc.
Download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery on your Windows computer and check how to use it to recover data from storage devices below.
- Launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
- On the main UI, you can select the target drive under Logical Drives and click Scan. Alternatively, you can click Devices tab and select the whole device or disk and click Scan. This works if you don’t know which drive to scan.
- Let the software finishes the scan process. After it finishes, you can check the scan result to find the deleted or lost files that you want, check them, and click Save Then you will be asked to choose a directory to store the recovered files. Choose a new location to avoid data overwriting.
If you only want to scan several types of files, you can click the Scan Settings icon in the left bar of the main UI. In the Scan Settings window, you can choose the file types that you want to scan. This way is faster to recover certain types of files.
In the Scan result window, you can use the Filter and Find functions to quickly find the target files and save them.
What Is F4V?
F4V, also known as Flash MP4 Video File, is a video format with the .f4v extension. F4V is similar to FLV and MP4. F4V is an Adobe flash video format. Since FLV format has some limits with H.264/AAC content, Adobe developed F4V as an upgrade. F4V stores video encoded with H.264 video codec and AAC audio codec. It is mainly used for streaming movies, TV shows, and videos online.
How to Open and Play F4V Video
You can open and play F4V video with Adobe Flash Player that is multiplatform-supported. Some other players that can play F4V video include Adobe Media Player, Adobe Animate, VLC Media Player, KM Player, Windows Media Player, F4V Player MX Player, AllPlayer Video Player, Fast Player, etc.
If you can’t play the F4V video file, then you can try the methods above to repair the corrupted F4V video file or convert F4V video to MP4 format for free.
Possible Reasons for F4V Video Corruption
The possible reasons that cause F4V video corruption can be various. It can be due to the corrupted Header, invalid file extension, interrupted download, inappropriate ejection of the storage media, malware/virus infection, physical damage of the storage device, etc.
Some Other Video Repair Tools to Repair Corrupted F4V
You can also try some other video repair tools to repair the corrupted F4V video files. Some tools are listed below for your reference.
- Wondershare Repairit
- Digital Video Repair
- MP4 Video Recovery Tool
- Repair Video Master
- File Repair
- Get My Videos Back
This post introduces how to repair corrupted F4V video files on Windows or Mac computer and provides some professional video repair tools for your reference. Hope it helps.
MiniTool Software is a leading software company that has released MiniTool Power Data Recovery, MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool ShadowMaker, MiniTool MovieMaker, MiniTool Video Converter, MiniTool Video Repair, MiniTool uTube Downloader, etc. You can go to MiniTool official website to download and try these tools to help you fix issues. If you have any issues with using these products, you can contact [email protected]