Almost everybody has a mobile phone and it runs smoothly most of the time. Every now and then, however, some problems or errors may appear like the com.android.phone has stopped error. Here, we show 7 unique solutions to effectively fix the 'Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped' problem.
Error - Process com.android.phone Has Stopped
Almost everybody has a mobile phone and it runs smoothly most of the time. Every now and then, however, some problems or errors may appear like the com.android.phone has stopped error. Here’s a true example of my best friend:
I keep on getting this Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped error message on Galaxy S7 (as shown below). Now, what should I do? How to fix this problem?
Most of the time, the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly error occurs while receiving calls, connecting to the internet. For instance, yesterday, I planned to call my MOM, but I got the process com.android.phone has stopped error message on xiaomi.
Are you tired of receiving the process com.android.phone has stopped error message when you try to use some apps on your Samsung Galaxy S7, xiaomi, or other phones? Well, it’s time for you to say goodbye to the error.
In today’s post, we will present you a number of suggestions that may help you to get rid of the annoying Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped error on Galaxy S7, xiaomi, or other smartphones. Keep reading to find how to fix the error on your Android device.
7 Solutions to Fix - Unfortunately, The Process com.android.phone Has Stopped
Solution 1. Reboot Phone
Searching on Google, we will find many users are complaining that they receive an error “Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped” when making calls, sending text messages or opening an app.
Generally, if this error message shows up for the first time, you can try rebooting your Android device, and then check if this error still happens. If the problem remains afterward, please move on to the next troubleshooting.
Solution 2. Clear App Data and Cache
Many Android users solved the Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped error on xiaomi or other Android phones once they cleared the cache and data for the phone app, according to a survey.
1. Turn on Android smartphone.
2. Tap the menu icon to display the APPs list.
3. Tap the Settings icon from the displayed interface.
4. Under the Settings interface from the DEVICE section, locate and tap Apps (on some devices Application Manager or App Manager).
5. On the Apps window from available apps, tap to select the app whose data and cache you want to clear. (E.g. Google Play Store in this demonstration.)
6. Once the App info interface comes up under the STORAGE section, tap the CLEAR DATA button to clear the data of selected app.
7. Under the CACHE section, tap the CLEAR CACHE button to clear the cache.
8. Reboot your phone for the changes to take effect.
Solution 3. Clear Cache and Data of the SIM Toolkit
1. Click on Settings to access apps.
2. Select Apps.
3. Click on Sim Toolkit.
4. Click on CLEAR DATA as well as CLEAR CACHE.
5. Finally, reboot Android smartphone and then check whether the Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped error has been resolved.
Solution 4. Stop Automatic Updates
According to a survey, stopping the automatic date option can help to fix – unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped error on Galaxy S7.
1. From the home screen, tap Play Store.
2. Tap the Menu icon.
3. Click on Settings.
4. Tap Auto-update apps.
5. Choose Do not auto-update apps option.
Solution 5. Use AROMA File Manager
Some Android users solved the Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped error message on xiaomi by using the custom recovery.
Download and install the latest AROMA file manager, which can be found on the XDA website. With this manager, you can delete the cache or temporary folder of Phone as well as the SIM toolkit app. Give it a try.
Solution 6. Wipe the Cache Partition
Some Galaxy S7 users will need to wipe the cache partition to fix the Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped error on Galaxy S7.
Galaxy S7 creates small temporary files it can use so that services and apps can run smoothly–these are called caches. Sometimes, when caches get corrupted and the system continues to use them, issues like Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped may occur. Here, you need to wipe the entire directory where they’re saved since you cannot delete caches one by one to fix this issue. Here are the steps that you must follow:
1. Turn off the phone.
2. Press and then hold the Home and Volume Up keys, then press and hold the Power key.
3. Release the Power key but continue holding the Home and Volume Up keys when the Samsung Galaxy S7 shows on the screen.
4. Release both keys and leave the phone for about 30 to 60 seconds when the Android logo shows.
5. Navigate through the options and highlight wipe cache partition by using the Volume Down key.
6. Once highlighted, you can press the Power key to select it.
7. Now highlight the option Yes by using the Volume Down key, and then press the Power button to select it.
8. Wait until your phone has finished wiping the cache partition.
9. Once completed, highlight Reboot system now and press the Power key.
The phone will now reboot longer than usual.
Solution 7. A Factory Reset
If you still get the Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped error after trying all above solutions we have listed, you will need to do a factory reset on your Android smartphone.
1. Shut down your Android smartphone in a normal way.
2. Now hold down the Volume Up button, Home key and Power button together. The phone will boot into recovery mode.
3. Use the Volume buttons to scroll through the menu.
4. Highlight Wipe data/factory reset.
5. Press the Power button to select.
6. Highlight and select Yes to confirm the reset.
7. Once the reset is complete, you will be back to the same recovery mode menu. Press the Power button to select Reboot system now.
Are you tired of receiving the "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" error message on your Samsung Galaxy S7? Now, try the 7 solutions to fix it and then you can get back to using your Android phone like normal.Click to tweet
Factory resetting is indeed an effective solution for the "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" error. However, doing a factory reset means losing all your data. Therefore, before performing a factory reset, you need to clone your data.
Unfortunately, some Android users always forget to do a backup. Well, you don’t need to worry about data loss because today in our post we will give you an effective solution to recover lost Android data with ease. Just keep reading to find how to get lost Android data back.
Recover Lost Data from Android Devices
To recover data after factory reset Android, you can try using MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android Free. Developed by MiniTool Solution Ltd., this professional Android data recovery software can help you effectively recover lost data after factory resetting. And, it offers wizard-like interfaces as well as simple operations which can help users effectively and quickly complete Android data recovery job without any difficulty.
More importantly, it supports multiple Android phones and tablets including Samsung, HTC, LG, HUAWEI, SONY, etc.
Want to Know More Information About the Best Data Recovery Software for Android, Please Watch The Following Video.
Maybe, the above simple introduction is not enough to make you know its advantages. If you want to know more details, please follow the Android lost files recovery demo below.
First of all, you have to root your Android device no matter what kind of Android data recovery software you are going to use. After rooting, the software can scan and read your phone data if you want to recover data from the device directly. Rooting involves potential risk. Please strictly follow the steps provided by this post: How to Root Your Android Device to complete the whole rooting operations.
Step 1. Download and install MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android Free to your computer.
You will see the following interface when installing this software. Now, just click on the Install button to install this Android USB Driver which allows the software to connect and recognize your Android device successfully.
Step 2. Double click this software icon to open it, and then you will enter its main interface with two recovery modules Recover from Phone and Recover from SD-Card as follows. Now, press on the recovery mode Recover from Phone to continue.
Step 3. Connect your phone to the computer through the USB cable, and then this software will start to analyze your device.
If the USB debugging option is not checked, you will get the following interface which shows the detailed steps to enable USB debugging for different Android operating system versions. Please follow instructions below to enable your Android device's USB debugging mode.
You will receive the following window if you have never connected your device to the computer before. Now, it is recommended to check Always allow from this computer on your phone to avoid making this authorization again next time and then click on OK button to allow USB debugging manually.
Step 4. Now, you will see this Device Ready to Scan interface which lists two scanning modes.
- Quick Scan will scan your device in a fast way, but it only detects the deleted contacts, short messages and call records.
- Deep Scan will scan the entire device so that more files could be recovered.
Here, I prefer Deep Scan module because it will scan all Android internal memory to furthest find deleted photos. But, you should be patient because this scan method will cost you more time to finish the scan process.
After selecting scan method, click Next button to continue.
Step 5. MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android will analyze data on Android device and then scan your device.
Step 6. You will see the scan result interface after the scanning process is finished. Here, you can click on each file type icon to check the items one by one.
For instance, if you only want to recover lost photos from Android phone, you can choose three file types, including Camera and App Picture of the category Photos & Videos as well as Picture of the category RAW & Document. If you are not sure which category they are in, you can check all of these three file types.
Step 7. Select all needed files and then click on Recover button to save them. Next, you will receive a small pop-out window. Here you can choose to save those selected files to the software default storage path. Or, you can click on Browse button to select another path to save those files.
Thus, all work has been done.
Note: As we know, MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android Free Edition allows users to recover 10 pieces of single data type each time. Here, if you want to break the limitation, please get a license.
Are you tired of Android lost data? Now, by using MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android, you can effectively and quickly recover deleted or lost data and files on Android phone and tablet, such as Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, HTC, Google, LG, Sony, Motorola, and more.Click to tweet
Hope these solutions can help you effectively solve the Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped error.
If you know some other ways to solve the com.android.phone has stopped suddenly error, please share it with the other readers.
If you have any questions about Android data recovery, please feel free to contact us by sending an email to [email protected].