Memory card is one of the popular portable drives which are playing an important role in life and work. This post will teach you how to fix when you have a corrupted memory card. How to recover data from the corrupted card with MiniTool Power Data Recovery, released by MiniTool Solution, and how to format corrupted memory card will be discussed.
What to Do with a Corrupted Memory Card
Memory cards are used widely throughout the world. Thanks to the memory card, you can store as many files as you want when shooting photos with camera, playing games with consoles, etc. However, it could be damaged due to a lot of reasons, such as virus attack. Considering this, I’d like to share the way to cope with the corrupted memory card: recover data from it & fix corrupted SD card.
How to Recover Data from Corrupted Memory Card
You need to get the powerful SD card recovery software: MiniTool Power Data Recovery. Install it properly on your PC and launch it to recover files from SD card.
- Connect your memory card (take SD card as an example) to the PC through USB port by using a card reader.
- Select Removable Disk Drive from the left side of software main interface.
- Double click on the SD card from the right side (how to repair corrupted memory card not detected?).
- Wait for the scan and browse the found files to pick out the ones you need.
- Click on the Save button to set a storage location and click OK to confirm.
See, it’s so simple to recover data from corrupted memory card.
There are also some cases in which you find your SD card is dead; please read this to know how to fix the card:
If you think it’s impossible to recover data from a dead SD card, you’re completely wrong. Read this page to find solutions.
How to Format Corrupted SD Card
Two methods will be introduced to format corrupted memory card.
Method 1: format in Disk Management. (Take Win10 as an example.)
- Connect the SD card to PC.
- Right click on the Start button and choose Disk Management.
- Find your SD card and right click on it.
- Choose Format… from the menu.
- Click on the OK button in Format window.
- Wait for the formatting to complete.
Method 2: use software to format corrupted memory card.
- Get MiniTool Partition Wizard and install it properly on computer.
- Connect the card to PC and launch the software.
- Select your SD card from the right side of software main window.
- Choose Format Partition from the left side.
- Follow the instructions to finish the formatting process.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is more than a piece of good software to format corrupted memory card; it can also work as a wonderful SD card repair tool.
SD Card Introduction
SD (Secure Digital) memory card is a popular kind of memory card developed & regulated by SD Association, which is known as a similar organization to CompactFlash Association. The size of SD card is basically 32 x 24 x 2.1 mm.
As technology is developing, SD card technology has also taken a big step forward. You may not hear of MMC (Multimedia Card) before. But in fact, SD card technology has been developed on the basis of MMC format.
SD vs. MMC
Comparison of SD card and MMC:
- There is not much difference in size of SD card and MMC.
- The length and width of SD card are basically the same with that of MMC.
- Little difference can be found in thickness; SD card is only slightly thicker than MMC.
- MMC can be used in SD card supported device, while SD card can’t be applied to former MMC supported device.
SD card enjoys the weight of only 2 grams, but it is features with many fascinating merits.
- Large capacity
- Fast data transfer rate
- Great flexibility
- Good security
Adopting a very efficient data compression method, SD card is able to provide sufficient space for multimedia data.
SD card supports three kinds of transmission modes:
- SPI mode (separate serial input and serial output)
- 1-bit SD mode (separate command and data channel and a unique transmission format)
- 4-bit SD mode (using extra pins and some re-set pins and supporting four-bit parallel transmission)
All in all, provided with the characteristics of small size, low power consumption and erasable & nonvolatile ability, SD cards are widely used in various electronics products. Its application range is growing, especially in recent years, with the obvious decrease in price and increase in capacity.