Lean how to customize ribbon bar in Office apps and how to add new buttons to Microsoft Office ribbon. FYI, MiniTool software develops various software for users, incl. MiniTool Power Data Recovery, MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool ShadowMaker, MiniTool MovieMaker, etc.
Microsoft Office ribbon provides many useful commands you need, and you can customize the ribbon bar in Office apps. The standard of ribbon bar in Microsoft Office apps like Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and OneNote is the same. Here we take customizing the ribbon bar in Outlook as an example.
Download Grammarly app for Windows 10/11 PC, Mac, Android, iPhone/iPad, Word, or Chrome and use it to improve your writing in a word processor and other apps.
How to Customize Ribbon Bar in Outlook | Add New Button
- Open Outlook app, and right-click any of the tabs in the ribbon bar. Select Customize the Ribbon option to open the window.
- In Customize the Ribbon window, you can click the down-arrow icon under Choose commands from. Select All Commands option in the list.
- To add a new button to the ribbon bar, you need to add it to a group. You can check all the groups in the right column. You can click an existing group to add a command to it.
- Or you can create a new group and add the command to it. You can click New Group button and click Rename to name the new group.
- If you want to the added button to the first button in the tab, you can use the Up arrow icon to move the new group to the top of the list. You can also directly drag and drop it to the desired position.
- At last, you can scroll down in the left panel to find the command you want and select it. Click Add button to add it to the target group.
- Then you should see the new button is displayed at the designated position in the tab.
Grammarly for Word and Outlook helps check grammar/spelling errors in your documents or emails. Check how to add Grammarly plugin to Microsoft Word or Outlook.
How to Remove the Button from Ribbon or Reset Ribbon
- If you want to remove the button, you can right-click the tab and choose Customize the ribbon again.
- Select the target button in the right panel, and click Remove Click OK to save the changes.
- If the created group only has one button in it, the group will also be removed if you remove the button.
- If you want to reset the ribbon tab to default, you can select the tabs and click Reset button and click Reset only selected Ribbon To reset the whole ribbon, you can click Reset all customizations.
Learn how to add Grammarly extension for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera browser to help check your writing mistakes everywhere online.
How to Recover Deleted/Lost Documents and Emails
Here we also provide an ultimate solution to help you recover lost or deleted documents and emails.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery, a professional free data recovery software for Windows 10, allows you to easily recover any deleted/lost files from Windows computer and external drives incl. external hard drive, SSD, USB flash drive, SD card, memory card, and more.
If you use a Mac computer, you can turn to the best Mac data recovery software to recover data on Mac and other storage devices.
All you have to do is to connect your device to your computer, and launch the data recovery software.
Choose the target device and click Scan button on the software interface, and the smart data recovery program will start scanning the device or drive automatically.
After the scan, you can find the recovered files in the scan result and click Save button to choose a new destination to store the recovered files.