When you go to a Discord chat room and want to chat with your friends with a voice or video call but find that Discord is stuck on RTC connecting or RTC disconnected on Discord. How to fix RTC connecting Discord error? Here are 10 solutions. MiniTool Software helps you solve various computer problems and provides some useful computer software.
What Does Discord RTC Connecting Mean
RTC, short for Real-Time Communication/Chat, means you are trying to start a voice call or video call to communicate with others on Discord. RTC tries to make the end-to-end connection so you can connect to voice on Discord. Discord uses RTC based on WebRTC protocol.
RTC connecting Discord error might occur in Discord voice chat. If you meet the RTC disconnected Discord or Discord stuck on RTC connecting error, you can’t hear or speak on Discord chat room. Check how to fix this issue with the 10 fixes below.
Check how to add ZenMate VPN extension for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera and how to download ZenMate VPN for PC, Mac, Android, or iOS.
How to Fix RTC Connecting Discord Error – 10 Fixes
If you meet problems with RTC connecting on Discord, you can try the 10 solutions below to fix Discord stuck on RTC connecting error.
#1. Restart Your System
The first simple fix for RTC error is to reboot your system. Click Start -> Power -> Restart to restart your computer.
#2. Change Discord Server Voice Region
- Click the target server name in Discord and select Server Settings.
- Under Server Overview, click Change button under Server Region. Select another server region. Only the server administrator or owner can change the server region.
#3. End Discord in Task Manager and Restart Discord
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager on Windows 10.
- Right-click Discord application and select End task.
- Launch Discord again to see if the RTC connecting Discord error is solved.
#4. Reset IP Address
- Click Start, type cmd, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator.
- Type ipconfig /release command and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /renew command and press Enter to reset TCP/IP.
Learn how to download free Browsec VPN for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Android, iOS, etc. to use it to access restricted content/websites.
#5. Fix Your Internet Connection Problems
- Restart your router and modem. Plug the power cable off and plug it on.
- More tips to troubleshoot internet connection problems on Windows 10. If the RTC connecting error on Discord is caused by network problems, it should be fixed after you fix your internet connection problems.
#6. Log Out and Log In Discord
You can press Ctrl + R keyboard shortcut to quickly log out and log in Discord. Check if the Discord RTC connecting no route error is fixed.
#7. Update Discord App
- Press Windows + R, type %localappdata%, and press Enter.
- Double-click Discord folder. Click Update application file to update Discord to the latest version. After that, check if it fixes Discord stuck on RTC connecting error.
#8. Reinstall Discord App
You can also reinstall Discord app to fix RTC disconnected Discord error.
- Press Windows + R, type cpl, and press Enter.
- Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.
- Open Discord website to download it again on your computer.
#9. Turn off Antivirus Temporarily
You can try to disable antivirus or firewall temporarily since the antivirus may interfere with the Discord RTC connecting process.
#10. Find Solutions from WebRTC
If you are still experiencing the RTC connecting error on Discord like RTC disconnected Discord or Discord stuck on connecting error, you can go to WebRTC official website to use WebRTC Troubleshooter to fix the issue.