This post teaches you how to deactivate Facebook with the step-by-step guide. You can reactivate your Facebook account later after you temporarily deactivate it. If you want to deactivate your Facebook account permanently, you can also find a guide here. For lost or deleted file recovery, try MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
No matter why you decide to deactivate your Facebook account, for privacy concern or other reasons, you can check the 4 steps below with picture instruction for how to deactivate Facebook account temporarily. When you want, you can easily reactivate your account later to recover your information. Still, if you don’t want to use Facebook any longer and want to permanently deactivate your Facebook, a simple guide is also included.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account Temporarily
How to Deactivate Your Facebook on Computer – 4 Steps
Step 1. Go to Facebook official website and log in to your account.
Step 2. Click the down-arrow icon at the top-right corner of Facebook page. Click Settings & Privacy -> Settings.
Step 3. Click Your Facebook Information in the left column in Facebook Settings window. Click the Deactivation and Deletion option in the right window.
Step 4. Choose Deactivate Account and click Continue to Account Deactivation. Then follow the instructions to temporarily deactivate your Facebook account.
This post teaches you how to get a Windows 11/10 digital license and use it to activate Windows 11/10 PC.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account on iPhone/Android
Step 1. Launch Facebook app on your phone. Log into your account.
Step 2. Tap the three-line menu icon at the bottom-right corner of Facebook. Tap Settings & Privacy and tap Settings.
Step 3. Next tap Account Ownership and Control. Tap Deactivation and Deletion.
Step 4. Tap Deactivate Account and tap Continue to Account Deactivation button to follow the instructions to disable Facebook temporarily.
This post provides 12 tips to help you fix Windows 11/10 activation/product key not working issue.
What Happens When You Deactivate Facebook?
- Other people can’t see your Facebook profile.
- Your account won’t appear in searches.
- Your activities include your timeline, posts, photos, friends lists, and About personal information are hidden from the public.
- Facebook will archive your account information and let you reactivate your account and recover the information with ease.
Information still visible:
- Private messages you sent to your friends before may be still visible.
- Your Facebook account name may be still seen in your friends list.
- Your posts and comments on other people's accounts.
- If you keep the Facebook Messenger active when deactivating, you can still chat with your friends on Messenger after deactivating your Facebook account.
How to Reactivate Your Facebook Account
To regain your Facebook account after deactivation, you can log back into Facebook again or log in to your Facebook account on another device. You will be asked to enter your email or mobile phone number that you use for your account to reactivate Facebook.
Check the 10 common tips to fix various Windows 11 activation errors or error codes so as to activate Windows 11 successfully.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account Permanently
If you want to fully get rid of Facebook, you can choose to delete your Facebook account.
- Click the down-arrow icon at the upper-right corner of Facebook. Click Settings & Privacy -> Settings.
- Click Your Facebook Information on the left and click Deactivation and Deletion on the right.
- Click Delete Account to permanently remove your Facebook account.
Note: By deleting the Facebook account permanently, all your information incl. your profile, photos, posts, videos, etc. will be permanently removed. If you regret it, you can recover your Facebook account and information within 30 days after the permanent deletion.
How Long Can You Deactivate Facebook?
There is no limit on how long you can deactivate Facebook. If you want to quit Facebook permanently, you can choose to delete Facebook account.
What’s the Difference between Deactivating and Deleting Facebook Account?
If you deactivate Facebook account temporarily, you can retrieve your account whenever you want. Your information still exists and is archived by Facebook.
By deleting Facebook account, you’ll lose access to your account and all your account data & information will be deleted.
So, if you want to get rid of Facebook for some time, it’s advised that you choose the account deactivation but not deletion.
To Sum Up
Now you should know how to deactivate Facebook account temporarily or permanently. Hope the step-by-step guide in this tutorial helps.